Puff of smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puff of smoke

I was driving behind the RS2 today (my wife was driving it...). The car was cold when she started it, no smoke. She pulled away with just the normal white steam condensation. We then drive about a KM and she accelerated from around 50kph to 80 kph in 2nd gear and there was a puff of blue smoke on acceleration, nothing on overrun. Two minutes up the road, she accelerated again.. again a puff of blue smoke - this time mixed with black.. and then continued the rest of the journey with no smoke what so ever.

We pulled up at our destination - the RS2 idling.. again no smoke.. put it in neutral - reved it a few times.. and still no smoke.

Any clues? Any culprit springs to mind ?
    1994 Audi/Porsche RS2 AVANT.

Mark, I wanted to send you this by email but maybe it'll help some other people too.

I think that there is nothing bad with your engine, I'd say that the puffs of smoke could be a bit of oil inside the intercooler (from the crankcase vent system) getting sucked into the intake and being burnt...

If there's no blue smoke on start-up, no huge clouds of it at WOT and nothing on the overrun, I wouldn't worry too much about it quite frankly....

Cheers,

Mihnea
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

Thanks Mihnea.. I appreciate it!
      1994 Audi/Porsche RS2 AVANT.

Comment

Working...
      X