Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the S2 or RS2 oil cooler have ducting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the S2 or RS2 oil cooler have ducting?

I am gathering parts for the eS2 project and I need to know if there is ductwork I need to look for. I located an oil cooler and lines already...

Thanks.
    Dave K.
    USA
    1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
    2001 S4

Yes, it has. But mine one went away after a little accident 4½ years ago, and I haven't had any heating problems without it.
    Red cars are the fastest ones...
    - Team Irry -

Comment

Thanks Floddy...
      Dave K.
      USA
      2001 S4

Comment

You may want to find a way to mount it up front next to the intercooler, if you have problems trying to find the duct work. I'm hoping to use the 200 oil cooler until a better solution presents itself.

I saw your message on the es2 list. I'll have to think of some parts I may need so I can fill your box up. When are you planning on shipping?

Darin
        Darin
        1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

Dave,

I just installed my RS2 oil cooler this weekend. It does come with some very nice ducting. It's a nice unit. Quite a bit bigger than the S2 cooler. I'll snap some pics if you like...

Ben
          Ben
          Calgary, Alberta
          Canada
          1991 CQ e//S2 w/ RS2 spec 3B 20vt
          Panther Black Metallic
          www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

Originally posted by archiboy24

I just installed my RS2 oil cooler this weekend. It does come with some very nice ducting. It's a nice unit. Quite a bit bigger than the S2 cooler. I'll snap some pics if you like...
            Ben,

You also have the S2 unit right?? Did you replace the oil pump? Results?
            Darin
            1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

Ben/Darin

I will likely go with the S2 set up for now. I would like to see the RS2 oil cooler set up though.

What is the oil filter housing? Did you guys have to get a different one?

I will be having the a box from Germany and one from England coming in about 2 weeks.

Floundering in the states...
              Dave K.
              USA
              2001 S4

Comment

Originally posted by desmo888
                What is the oil filter housing? Did you guys have to get a different one?

I will be having the a box from Germany and one from England coming in about 2 weeks.
                I'm using the stock 200 oil filter housing because I won't be having A/C. Ben got the S2 housing so the filter doesn't interfer with the compressor. Ben can probably shed more light on it.

I imagine the box from england can't fit a bumper....??? 8-) If I could track down an RS2 exhaust mani.....hmmmmm
                Darin
                1989 Audi 80tq

Comment

I thought the s2 and rs2 oil cooler setup was the same? Whats the difference?

Comment

Working...
                  X