Wiring experts here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2central.net
    From memory those eyelets are simply the K and L wires which are used to hook up any other controllers which have OBD comms eg ABS, Immo & Airbag.

Paul
    Hi paul

On my engine harness My K wire goes straight to position 10 On that T10 connector we previously talked about. There isn't another wire with an eyelet on it. Is this normal?

Also..
    The Diagnostic white connector is missing on both mine and jimmies harnesses. how could this be?

I am just looking for ways to hook up vagcom.. Seemingly I will have to pull the T10 position 10 wire which is the K wire, cut the eyelet off the L wire and add a diagnostic connector to it.

Thanks
    Josh
    I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Dunno why you are both missing the white OBD plug, but seeing as you are doing a custom wiring job on the 20VCQ conversions, I would recommend that you source an ISO-OBD plug (from a wrecker) and wire it into the loom.

Then you could hook up with VAG-COM without the noddy 2x2 connector.

Don't forget to common the K-L pins from the ABS controller, US Aircon or anything else that can talk to VAGCOM.

Suggested locations for the OBD plug would in the drivers side footwell, glovebox or hiding under the ashtray. I've been meaning to do this to my car for a while - just never been bothered !

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

[QUOTE] I would recommend that you source an ISO-OBD plug (from a wrecker) and wire it into the loom.[QUOTE]

Martyn @ VAG parts can do one! I got one for for mine it comes with a loom on about 3 ft long or so. Quite good and definatly gets rid od messing with those 2x2 conectors! Godda be a good thing!
        Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

I got an ISO-OBD connector and lead from the scrappy - 50p (that included some other connectors as well) - but I haven't been arsed fitting it - it is a pita having that 2x2 adapter and the wires coming in through the windows.

I think I will just have it sitting in the glovebox.
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Dunno why you are both missing the white OBD plug, but seeing as you are doing a custom wiring job on the 20VCQ conversions, I would recommend that you source an ISO-OBD plug (from a wrecker) and wire it into the loom.

Then you could hook up with VAG-COM without the noddy 2x2 connector.

Don't forget to common the K-L pins from the ABS controller, US Aircon or anything else that can talk to VAGCOM.

Suggested locations for the OBD plug would in the drivers side footwell, glovebox or hiding under the ashtray. I've been meaning to do this to my car for a while - just never been bothered !

Paul
            Thanks Paul for the advice I like that idea.

I don't think vagcom will work with my AC climate control thought.
            I will have to research into this a bit more.

Cheers
            Josh
            I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Questions about vagcom.

Out of the three connectors which two would vagcom connect to?

WHite/brown and black? or white/brown and blue? Or black and blue?

Can some one confirm that there are Three connectors on aby motors, and not two?

Thanks
              Josh

Comment

White/Brown and Black for OBD with VAG-COM.
                Blue plug is the ECU MIL for blink codes.

S2 Central has a bunch more detail.

I've always found all three plugs on ABY's...

PAul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

White/Brown and Black for OBD with VAG-COM.
                  Blue plug is the ECU MIL for blink codes.

S2 Central has a bunch more detail.

I've always found all three plugs on ABY's...

PAul
                  Thanks Paul

This is a picture I found of the Rs2 fuse box:

THere is two wires going to those posts There. Possibly the white connector was another part of the engine harness I did not get. The other possibility is that the white connector is part of the right side engine bay harness and not the motronic side, or another possibility is that the connector is part of the dash harness.. Either way I have to solve the issuse which isn't really that big.

But I figured I post the pic for pribble.

Cheers
                  Josh

Comment

Working...
                  X