Boost spike (not spikeS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost spike (not spikeS)

When I floor the accelerator for the first time after starting the car the boost often (always?) temporarily rises to ca 1,4-1,5 bar, stays there for a fraction of a second and then returns to a steady 1,1-1,2 bar. When flooring it after this, the boost will never go above 1,1-1,2 bar.

Could this be my WGFV sticking on the first acceleration or what? Should I be concerned? Is the WGFV servicable?

I once got the "maximum boost pressure exceeded" fault code, but normally there are no fault codes stored.

The engine is a stock ABY.
    Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Mine used to do this and it was the WG spring. Someone had tightened it up. I backed it off a 1/4 turn at a time and eventually got it to the point where is no longer spiked but went to a stady 1.1-1.2and stayed there.

Has the small blanking cap on your WG been removed? If not then it must be something else?
    Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

The cap on my WG is in place and looks untouched.

Did your car spike on every acceleration or just on the "first acceleration of the day" like mine does?
      Markus

Comment

I think this is alot down the the time the ECU takes to respond to changes and of course the mechanics of it all. Like the WGFV

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I think I'll try to clean and lube my WGFV when I find myself the time. There was a procedure on cleaning it with 5-56 on another site.
          Markus

Comment

Markus

Mine did it all the time sounds like yours is being caused by something else.
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Working...
            X