new form of engine failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new form of engine failure

my car was cutting boost at 4800rpm exactly at the beginning,lots of leak tests etc,finally we decided that hall sensor is broken and ordered the new one will receive it next week.
    but car started giving no boost now( or may be less-dont know cause i removed gauge).but if i stop and restart the engine boost comes back..

this is a bit strange;

do you think i am following the right way by ordering hall sensor ? or or this new form of fault shows another part

thnx for help
    Quattro

If your car starts the hall sensor works so it can't be that.
    -

Comment

yep i was thinking same with you but; if you look my engine problem thread you will see that i did every possible stuff but nothing worked.
      this idea came from mihnea:
      he says 'This is a hall sender (cam position sensor) problem, BTDT on 3B engines, and it's very common.'

there is no other things left ididnt change..
      may be 034905381a engine speed impulse sender (last part to change if necessary)
      Quattro

Comment

Timucin,

I know about that. Everytime I got kangoroo jumps on my car (no boost at all) I though it was an electrical problem. I usually stoped and restart and car got fast again.
        In the end I had and airleak and also dump valve was out.
        Probably the restart thing does something so some engine protections/sensors are not used?
        I am not saying you have an airleak but I remember being on the motorway lots of times, pressing the clutch, turning of the engine on then on again and don't get kangoroo jumps for a while.

For lack of performance I have experience airleaks, dumpvalve fault and also faulty coil (4 cilinder engine).

You have to love S2/RS2

Rafael
        94' RS2 Coupe TT (Twin Torsen )

Comment

Timucin - sounds like a leak to me - always has...

Paul
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
          X