This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY Engine Component Finding Information - Help Required

Ok, bit of a weird request but having never owned an S2 before and getting one hopefully within the next few weeks, I need a bit of a head start on what is what in the engine bay. It would help if someone could post a pic of their engine (aby) and label it for me with the following items.
    Radiator
    Intercooler
    Airconditioning evaporator/condensor
    ABS unit
    Brake master cylinder
    Brake bomb (if it is under the bonnet)

Plus, does it have a viscous or an electric fan?
    Any belts in addition to the cambelt?
    What is the distributor looking item (I know there is no distributor) between the airbox and the cam cover?

Cheers

Moderator Note: See Page 2 for pdf Component Finder
    Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 21 April 2008, 18:10. Reason: Note added for Component Finder on Page 2
    UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Triumph Daytona 955i - mmmmmm :fire:

80 dag dag :driving:

try going to www.vagcat.com, they have part numbers and exploded diagrams of the car

Comment

Doesn't really help, sorry. No S2 listed and RS2 could be slightly different,
      UrS6 - Homefry, Bailey DV, PiperX filter, Samco hoses, H&R springs, 3" D/P back zorst, 270bhp and 260ftlb :rock:

Comment

I sense a slight panic in your last post my friend but the RS2 engine bay layout is same as aby S2 im sure when you find a car there may be someone of here nearby who can have a quick look with you
        S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Ok, cool. But for now, what is that dizzy looking item between cam cover and MAF?

Comment

Thats the wastegate my friend... "calm down dear its only an engine bay" obviously ask away but remember the search facility is your friend
            S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
              obviously ask away but remember the search facility is your friend
              Thought searching for "thing that looks like a distributor" was gonna be a bit vague for the old search facility.

Cheers

Comment

Yep its good but its not a mind reader

Comment

Seems like no one else can be arsed, so here you go .

Click on each picture for a larger image.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                  2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                  1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Mother View Post
                    Doesn't really help, sorry. No S2 listed and RS2 could be slightly different,
                    S2 isn't listed on it's own. Search under "ACOQ Audi Coupe quattro".

Be careful with vagcat.com, some of the info it gives on part numbers is wrong. Big style wrong too, and could cost someone unnecessary expense.
                    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

****** Jas. I've just spent 10 minutes doing one of those, then you beat me to it.
                      SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                        ****** Jas. I've just spent 10 minutes doing one of those, then you beat me to it.
                        Sorry Stu
                        Was going to do it last night after I finished late shift, but I fell asleep after a beer
                        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                          Seems like no one else can be arsed, so here you go .

Click on each picture for a larger image.

Any excuse to show off your engine bay!

Seriously though, an invaluable help to a Newbie.

Cheers,

Steve
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic
                          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jas11n;241303]Seems like no one else can be arsed, so here you go [QUOTE]

Thanks for that. You are my new best mate you are! Not like those other lazy ******s who couldn't be arsed .
                            Thanks to you too 4WheelDrifter.

Comment

Nice work Jas - with your permission I will nick that idea and/or photo for the new look S2central.net - its great for newbs... Quite staggering when you 1st view an S2 or RS2 to find there are five things that look like radiators !

Paul
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                              X