Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between 3b with AC and without

Gents:

I sourced an S2 engine last year from Dean at All-audi...
    Engine did NOT have aircon fitted, but i would like to add it.

I have heard that there are/arenot differences, but as they say, "pictures speak a thousand words"

what is needed? oil pan extension, filter bracket ( i hear that the 3b with AC filter orientation is _horizontal_?) turbo lines?

I need the info ASAP because I would like to piggyback on a shipment for desmo888...

BTW, I installed a custom all aluminum double core radiator, added the condensor, and deleted the secondary radiator.

a few pictures are here: http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/users/67840.phtml

Thanks!

-Peter
    Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1991 Coupe Quattro
    1995 S6 Sedan
    1995 S6 Wagon

Yes to all that except that filter is vertical as normal. Oil filter bracket has a different p/n, don't know the acual difference.

You might also need different oil drain pipe from turbo and a cover/bracket for the aircon that seals the drain hole on the block.
    -

Comment

Yes the oil filter bracket is different. Brandon's site mistakenly says that it is horizontally mounted. What the S2 bracket does is move the position of the filter back towards the firewall slightly to avoid the a/c compressor. As you said, you will need the oil pan extension and the turbo oil return line. The bracket for the a/c compressor actually seals the original hole from the oil return line. Just make sure you use a gasket.
      Ben
      Calgary, Alberta
      Canada
      1991 CQ e//S2 w/ RS2 spec 3B 20vt
      Panther Black Metallic
      www.moda-architecture.ca

Comment

My lower bracket has a groove for O-ring.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X