Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please

Hi Group,

I'm a new member but been an S2 owner for the past 3 years. Love the car but had problems with it since I had a 303BHP upgrade done to it.

The latest problem is that when I accelerate hard at approx. 3-3500RPM the fuel seems to the cutting out and the car is juddering and pulling back. Most noticeable under heavy load (5th gear uphill) but occurs in all gears.

Its fine till I push more than about 40# down on the accelerator then just pulls back when I push it any more.

Has anyone experienced this? I've got the car in a garage at the moment and they are saying its the coil packs. Now I've spoken to some other guys who say its very unlikely to be this, and check the fuel filter and the plate cover on the coil packs about earthing.

Now in the past I've bought new speed sensor, lambda sensor, solonoid valve amongts other things which hasn't done the job.

Coil packs will cost me many pounds, so I really would appreciate if anyone has had the same problem how it was fixed, as I am clueless here and having already spent thousands on so-called solutions really could do with some advice from someone who as been there.

Hope to hear from you folks soon as the car is in there as we speak and I don't really want to commit to paying for it if its going to be fruitless.

Cheers,

Paul

I think this is the overboost protection mode, does it happen on WOT? if it does basically you have a boost leak somewhere. Mine did the same and it was the dump valve and also a throttle body hose had a split in it. Just check all hoses and make sure there aren't leaks.

If you are running higher boost also check the O-Ring as they are kinda crap for even standard boost. Check MAF connections too.

I think most S2 owners have had this problem
    Coupe

Comment

also worth checking the WGFV. But does sound like a boost leak to me also.

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Funnily enough I did have a boost leak before, and it was a slightly different feeling, that was a total loss of power, in fact the car actually slowed down proportionatley to the increase in acceleration, it was strange having to go slower to go faster!

This is a bit different, definitely somekind of block but not total, you can still accelerate, but pulling back is always there.

Thanks for the tips, I'll get the guy checking out to look over these things if he hasn't already. Any more tips from anyone appreciated..

By the way, I'm a bit stunted in abbreviations, whats WOT and WGFV?

Cheers

Paul

(in dire need of S2 education)

Comment

also check when your fuel filter was last replaced? Seems to be an item that people forget to change.

WOT = Wide Open Throttle

WGFV = Waste Gate Frequency Valve (used for the ECU to electronically control the amount of boost on tap)

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks, I'll ask them to check all those things.

Is there someone you can recommend me taking the car too? I know personal recommendations are the best, but to be honest I don't know anyone reliable I can take the car to, and I'm not taking it to Kim Collins again.

Comment

where are you based?
              'The Autopool' in iver have had good reports from some guys on this forum

martin

Comment

I'm in Hertfordshire but would be prepared to travel in search of the holy grail of having a healthy car again

Comment

Working...
                X