oooer! Now my engines cutting out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oooer! Now my engines cutting out....

I think the gremlins have taken up residence in my car If you turn the air-con on and off 2 or 3 times quite quickly, the engine just cuts out It has never done this before.....Any ideas?

jubjub, the same gremlins seem to be in my car too With the aircon on my engine occasionally just dies when I stop! But then I didn't think you guys in the UK needed aircons at this time of the year yet?

Anybody have any idea what causes this?
    1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
    2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
    2006 Misano Red RS4
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
    2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Comment

Maybe just the way the compressor drags the revs down
      Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Yeah, mine did it once a while back. I think the ISV does not pull the revs up fast enough to compensate for the extra drag of the compressor. It should not happen as a norm though ..
        1995 RS2 Avant - Custom SS exhaust, Koni adjustables, Custom map, large grin ...

Comment

There is a special idle control unit on my car ( non turbo) which compensates for the revs when the compressor clutch kicks in. the relay is in the panel in front of the drivers legs.

David

Comment

mmmmm, i wonder if the idle control valve is playing up.......Coming home just before, when driving along and slowing down and dipping the clutch to put it in neutral before stopping, the revs dropped down big time ,and it cut out twice Thing is tho'it was only changed about a year ago.Anyone know how long they should be good for? Btw the aircon/heater was off when cutting out.....

Comment

They do go faulty, but after a year they shouldn't do. Can easily be cleaned out with carb cleaner....
              Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Is the car running at normal temperature? When mine get's hot, ie in a traffic jam, I've found that if you dip the clutch the engine cuts out. Other RS2 owners have commented on this too.

Comment

Working...
                X