mtm intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtm intake manifold

what is the advantage of installing mtm intake manifold on a rs2?
    what is the exact difference?(performance-not size or style)
    how many hp do i gain?
    is it worth buying?

thnx for help
    Quattro

any experience?!?
    Quattro

Comment

The MTM manifold is the front entry one isnt it, which means it shortens the inlet side by around 1.5m i believe, as well as not routing ur nicely cooled air back over the turbo and exhaust.

Should reduce lag and stop it soaking up more heat.

Not sure on BHP gains but would certainly lessen lag
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

The main advantage is that the air from the intercooler has to travell only 40cm to reach the intake. So the intercooler becomes more effective ( the temp of the air that exits the intercooler does not get altered due to long tubing passing over the exhaust manifold and turbo as in OE)and the lag is kept to a minimum for the certain apllication. Also you have less hoses whch we all know are a pain in the a.......

Comment

hope to receive mine on tuesday
          Quattro

Comment

I had mine fitted last week as well as the kkk 26/27/29 turbo. The car hould be ready next week because now i am having all the hoses from turbo to intercooler to intake made of alloy. i will be receiving my camera on monday so i will send fotos next week.

Tim since you are interested in C02 spaying on to the intercooler check this site: http://www.designengineering.com. I bought their kit ( main kit plus the intercooler spray and the air intake ), after a friends recomendation. He has fitted it on a impreza sti.
            I changed my thermostat from 87 to 80 degrees and since you are having similar climate in Turkey it might be a good thought.
            I have also run out of patience waiting for project to finish

Comment

just checked www. very cool stuff there.i was also thinking about fuel freezer
              thnx
              Quattro

Comment

Working...
              X