Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the symptoms of faulty MAF? SOS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the symptoms of faulty MAF? SOS.

Hi ,today i replaced the MAP but the problem remained.It was one of the worst days in my life. Everything is nearly ready after two months of hard work and now this problem.
    I don't get boost over 1.1 and sometimes i manage 1.5 and suddenly the the car seems like hitting a wall,just like fuel is suddenly cut off.also when on WOT i get no boost at all and the car revs up like it's a non turbo. When a MAF is faulty does it neseserally mean that the hot wire is broken or is it possible that the very thin wire is not broken but the MAF sends incosistent values?
    HAs anyone of you had a faulty MAF? How did the car behave with the faulty MAF?
    Cheeers Nick

Have you done all the usual leak tests?

Is the WGFV a new one?

Is the diverter working?

Is the wastgate actuator holding a vacuum when you test it? I thnk I have tested mine upto 25psi and it held that fine - when this didn't work it would not get any vaccum build up - the diaphragm was ok but the nut on the actuator shaft was not holding down the metal disc properly - due to a damaged thread on the shaft. The car sometimes boosted and sometimes didn't.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

mine symtome was.. no power misfirering betwen 2500-3000rpm fat fuel mixture..
      ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
      2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
      2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
      2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
      kostic.nu

Comment

Nick, your symptoms resemble my earlier problem. The VGF was the guilty part. Needed a spraying with some heat resistant smearing solution and fine since.

Cheers
        Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

@ zlobo, did you get any boost at all?
          I manage to get some boost but at 4.5krpm to 5krpm and then the fuel is cut, if the car is reved up at neutral the engine revs to redline with no problem.
          @At horvathg what VGF stands for?
          Cheers Nick

Comment

Working...
          X