@ Martinjs, Found the solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Martinjs, Found the solution?

Hi martini seem to have the same problem with my RS2 as you had a while ago. Have you solved it? What caused the cutting in fuel? I am desperately searching for solutions - ideas to this. Thanks NICK

Nick, mines not an rs2 but a 3b with rs2 bits, it turned out to be my coil lead (the lead which goes from the ignition coil to the distributor) but yours wont have this lead as it doesnt have a distributor
    have you done a leak test? (pressurising the intake tract using a air line)
    im not that familiar with the aby/adu ignition system to be able to pinpoint anything it could be.

HTH
    martin

Comment

Ahh...
      That sounds a lot like problems with many S-cars. Once you reach a certain boostpressure the engine sort of stagnates and misfires.
      I've had it as well and it is a typical ignitionfault. Things like sparkplugs, coils, ignitionmodules and wireing between everyting can cause this type of problem.
      If possible, try to change the entire "coil-pacage" from another car, and se if things change.
      I found that the wires between the coils and the ignitionmodules had cracked insulation on my engine. Replaced the wires, but have'nt had an opportunity to discover if it did the trick... But, I tested several coilpacages, and with one of them the problem disappaired.

The more power the engine pumps out, it becomes less tolerant of components that's not 100%...

OZzzt

Comment

Martinjs,

You have mail.

Comment

The more power the engine pumps out, it becomes less tolerant of components that's not 100%...

OZzzt, this statement is very true and should be considered by everyone who buys a S Audi and starts tuning immediately instead of putting neglected things in order first.
          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Working...
          X