@ MArk, Doug, tim fuel pump replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ MArk, Doug, tim fuel pump replacement

Hi it's me again with my unsolvable problem. I had the MAP fitted but the problem remained, even though i do get more boost but at high rpm. I have only 0.7 at 4krpm and 1.5 to 1.7 at 5.5 rpm but just for a fraction of a second then the fuel is cut.
    Anyway if i fit the bigger fuel pump you have fitted but keep the rs2 3.8 bar regulator (so i don't need remapping until i have this problem sorted out) there should be any problem right? I mean does each fuel pump have to go with a certain value of fuel regulator?
    Is it a straight fit on the rs2, is it bigger compared to the rs2?
    Tim have you fitted it yet?
    Doug, Mark you are using larger injectors compared to the rs2 and different regulator am i correct? can you write me the details about the injectors, regulator and fuel pump?

I'm using a standard ABY pressure regulator with the Bosch Fuel pump but with bigger than RS2 injectors.

Have you done the leak tests?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

havent fitted yet,my car is in pieces for the moment
      i will use bigger bosch pump with stock regulator

do you want pump number and necessary parts to fit( but necessary part list may not be true,i received this list from coupe owners-tanks may be different)
      Quattro

Comment

Nick,

I'm using the bigger Bosch motorsport fuel pump, and 5 bar regulator (which it seems I was lucky to get) with the RS2 injectors, although I plan on changing these to the same as Doug's soon or something like them soon.

Mark.
        Mark - Modded

Comment

I will do the leak tests on tuesday. Does it sound like a leak problem to you ? Did you have any leak problems? What was their effect?
          Also is the fuel pump bigger compared to the rs2 pump?
          Will check also the part that was causing timusin a similar problem.
          But say the problem is fixed will the car have the same hp and torgue at say 3krpm ? HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL
          Cheers nick

Comment

Working...
          X