Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Mark, Doug about fuel pump

Hi guys
    sorry for being away so long but i am preparing my summer nightclub to open on 5th of May and we are working something like 15 hours a day to manage it.
    Anyway i didn't have time to deal with my car problem. even though we did drive it with similar to vag-com on and it seems like my fue pump needs replacement.
    I ordered the F200 Bosch ( 0580254044) and i received it today.
    Tonight i took a look at my old pump fitted in the tAnk and it is a lot smaller compared to this one? How did you get it fitted? It doesn't go in the plastic cover of the OE one. Did you modified it to fit or is there a larger one plastic cover i can orde from Audi or Bosch?
    Any photos and part numbers?
    Cheers Nick

You need to get the fuel pump housing from an older Audi as they had 60mm diameter pumps - the S2 is 40mm. Luckily the housing clips straight in.

The Bosch fuel pump has a lip about a fifth of the way down it so it doesn't slide all the way into the housing. All I did was put 3 slots on the top of the plastic housing, opened up and it could slide all the way down. Luckily there is plastic band round were the slots are, that opens up and still holds it all in place.

If you get the banjo connection off the same old Audi this connects straight upto the fuel tank internal hose.

Reservoir(pump mount): W895 201 779H
    Strainer: 895 201 531A
    Sealing Washer N 902 832 01
    Sealing Washer N 013 812 8
    Adapter (Banjo) N 903 307 01

One of those washers is wrong and you need a dome nut with the correct thread to seal the top of the pump as we haven't found a damper to fit.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

BTW - Mark worked all this out - I just copied.
      Attached Files

Comment

another
        Attached Files

Comment

fitted
          Attached Files

Comment

Do you guys think there is room in there to do dual bosch 044 pumps? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get enough fuel while retaining the factory tank.

-Justin

Comment

If I was using 2 pumps, I would have 2 pickups in the tank and have the pumps mounted outside the tank - you might want to have some sort of heatsinks on the pumps to keep them cool if they are not cooled by the petrol in the tank

Comment

I was thinking about doing something like the supra guys do:

Comment

Working...
                X