what injectors for 400+ a bit HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what injectors for 400+ a bit HP

As in the title really, what fuel injectors do I need for this power?

spec will be;

RS2 EM
    RS2 Evo (Wagner) IC
    K26/K27 turbo (Jamos old turbo)
    3" turbo back exhaust (PipeWerx) with sport cat
    3bar V-Map Map sensor and remap (MRC???)

also, do I need a new FPR? or anything else im missing?

I know that Paul has recommended the siemens 650cc injectors for 2871 power (400-450bhp)
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

I'd say Bosch Greens - rated at 440cc on 3bar - aka 'Ford Racing Greens'

Your 4bar FPR is fine - takes those injectors up nicely with plenty headroom for ~450bhp IMHO
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
        I'd say Bosch Greens - rated at 440cc on 3bar - aka 'Ford Racing Greens'

Your 4bar FPR is fine - takes those injectors up nicely with plenty headroom for ~450bhp IMHO
        so my ABY avant should have a 4bar FPR?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
          I know that Paul has recommended the siemens 650cc injectors for 2871 power (400-450bhp)
          Actually that setup was on Siemens 550cc - only cos that was bought for the install - Bosch 440s would have been fine I think. The 550s give even more headroom alright so if the plans extend to even bigger turbos then it might make sense to get them.
          Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by avants2turbo View Post
            so my ABY avant should have a 4bar FPR?
            YES.

Other thing to consider is your fuel pump though - getting towards its limit - especially if not seeing ~13.5V across it due to old wiring etc etc.

A Bosch FP200 upgrade could be a good idea - the version rated for 200l/h at 5bar is plenty enough for you - the '044' Bosch pump.
            Paul Nugent

Comment

whats the going rate for the 440cc green injectors, seem to be able to find sets of 4, (£199+vat) and a set of 6 (£239+vat) but obviously no sets of 5, how much are they each and wheres the best place to get them?

Comment

oh, and am i going to need new rods with this setup?

Comment

what about mapping? can it be done without a car on rolls just by knowing setup?
                  Sorry, if question looks silly.
                  Owner of www.audiScars.lv
                  ex-Audi S2 Coupe '96
                  ex-Audi S2 Coupe '93
                  ex-Audi S2 Coupe '91

Comment

Originally posted by audi4fun View Post
                    what about mapping? can it be done without a car on rolls just by knowing setup?
                    Sorry, if question looks silly.
                    I think an experienced person could have a stab at a map to get the car going without getting it on the rollers, but you couldnt do it accurately without some sort of simulated driving, Im under the impression the MRC map the cars live on the road, something like driving up a nice steep hill, and ive heard nothing but good things about them.....

Comment

Bear in mind that if you keep the rods then you need to tell whoever maps it This will also mean that you'll get less power / torque as the map will have to be 'safer' for stock rods.

When was your HG last replaced if at all and is it definitely the metal type. Worth knowing as the paper item is known to be weaker. I was aked this by MRC when I discussed mapping a bigger turbo. My Metal HG was weak at 160k, replacing it solved some overheating issues I had. If you do replacce it then get an RS2 water pump at the same time

MRC to live mapping on the road so that the car is mapped in the same environment that it is driven. Mapping this way has it's advantages and disadvantages...
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

got to the states and buy 8 for the price of 4 here. or let me know i can get the seimmens ones. ill get a price.

i run seimmens 650cc's

my advice is

1. get rods. not worth the risk. people will say "they are good for" thats a rule of thumb and no 2 rods are the same. id say if you are looking for 400 change them to be safe.
                        2. id go for a more modern turbo.
                        3. fit the fuel pump first. my current restrictionm is just that.

Comment

Good morning, I know that this post is several years old but the big greens are at a good price. I have an idea of mounting gt2871 with maxxpedingrood connecting rods, walbro450 pump with relay and maxxecu, the idea is 350-400 hp. Would these injectors be enough? Thank you and Merry Christmas

Comment

Good morning, I know that this post is several years old but the big greens are at a good price. I have an idea of mounting gt2871 with maxxpedingrood connecting rods, walbro450 pump with relay and maxxecu, the idea is 350-400 hp. Would these injectors be enough? Thank you and Merry Christmas

Comment

I’ve got Siemens deka 630cc in mine gt3071r best of going bigger for more room later if you decide to go for bigger power mines on stock ecu where as yours is maxx ecu so you can adjust if need to be by your self, mines custom mapped to these injectors.all best Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X