Schrick 272 CAM? 10valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schrick 272 CAM? 10valve

Wanting to fit one of these to my 2.5 Gti Engineering 10valve engine.. as I'm assuming it uses the standard profile camshaft.

RE2500 sold me the engine. even had it rebuilt? if hes listening(reading) do you know what CAMSHAFT is in the engine? cheers.

Also, I'm assuming this is the second to highest spec cam available from Schrick? that right?
    C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
    2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
    Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

also.. almost forgot. The RE2500 GTi engineering lump you sold me has solid lifters? is that right?

I need to know as there is a difference between Camshaft s for solid lifter or hydraulic..

cheers!

Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

Comment

The camshafts should be the same as the only difference in the lifters is how the lash is adjusted, as for the engine spec, didnt james give you the documents from the engine? sorry should add this engine passed through my hands at one stage too lol. was in a clear plastic folder when i gave it to james. if you dont mind loosing a bit of low down grunt i found the 285 cams on my golf 8v spot on, doesnt make it hard to drive or harm the idle, although the exhaust always sounded....'funky' at idle...was still smooth though, plus the kv will definately pop and bang like crazy!!

Ant
      91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
      KW V2s and other goodies
      now gone
      03' BMW 330CI - Sold
      08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
      57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

Originally posted by anton View Post
        The camshafts should be the same as the only difference in the lifters is how the lash is adjusted, as for the engine spec, didnt james give you the documents from the engine? sorry should add this engine passed through my hands at one stage too lol. was in a clear plastic folder when i gave it to james. if you dont mind loosing a bit of low down grunt i found the 285 cams on my golf 8v spot on, doesnt make it hard to drive or harm the idle, although the exhaust always sounded....'funky' at idle...was still smooth though, plus the kv will definately pop and bang like crazy!!

Ant
        Ah! greetings!

good question.. It was a while ago , I can't remember if i had anything like that with it?

I remember a box with old valves and things. and some other bits and bobs. and a magazine from 1980 something with an article on an RE2500 audi 90 Q.

Schrick 272 cam
        C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
        ITG filter

Comment

just confirmed with Stiglet, the owner before me lol yours is a solid lifter head so you'll need to get the lash adjust on these too if your replacing the cam. tbh that magasine article may have been all there was its was a long time ago now.

Ant
          KW V2s and other goodies
          now gone
          03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by anton View Post
            just confirmed with Stiglet, the owner before me lol yours is a solid lifter head so you'll need to get the lash adjust on these too if your replacing the cam. tbh that magasine article may have been all there was its was a long time ago now.

Ant
            Ha, this engine has had a few 'hosts' over the years! LOL

So have non of the previous owners had any work done with the cam then? Either upgraded replacement or regrinds at all?

Is there any way of identifying with any markings or anything? Or is it a sure thing its still standard KV profile?

cheers for the input so far btw .

Schrick 272 cam
            C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
            ITG filter

Comment

Not sure on Audi engines but the solid lifter Golf heads are different to the later hydraulic ones. If it's been converted to hydraulic lifters then that's different but you'll still want a differnt profile cam for solid lifters than hydraulic. Catcams are prob. best for this as tehy seem to do all sorts of cams...
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

no well the story with that engine is Stiglet bought it and put it in his b2 quattro, i then crashed it so bought it. James later bought my old car with a bust engine so i sold him this engine aswell. htis was all over the course of about 12-18 months so the engine never got a chance to be upgraded until now. its a terrific engine though!! stiglet has a full sheet of specs for his later hydraulic re2500 engine....yes he bought a Cq with one in from the factory lol. hes crazy busty with work atm but send him a message and i'm sure he can confirm if its stock cam. as for the cams being different i'd say your best bet is to find out from the cam manufacturer??...

Ant
                KW V2s and other goodies
                now gone
                03' BMW 330CI - Sold

Comment

Its 100% solid lifter mate.
                  The clearance specs will be on the ID plate i gave you with the engine

And definately a standard KV camshaft currently.

Is the car on the road yet bud, hows the engine going? good?? Damn i miss it!!
                  Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                  03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                  01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Working...
                  X