what is it now!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is it now!?

hello people! My S2 keeps stalling every now and then when I put it into neutral to freewheel or put my clutch down pulling up to a juction for example, when I let my foot off, the rev needle drops right down as far as it goes and then catches it just before it cuts out! and sometimes it does cut out,

and today when I was driving along at low speed it started missing and going bur bur bru bru rbur if you know what I mean haha, and acting as if it was going to stall, its ok when you open it up a bit but then after the gear change it dyes but then takes off, I think its described as lagging? and after driving at low speed for a bit it returned to normal???????!! I need help!

It seems more common for this to happen if you are running with a cone filter?
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

its all standard ?

Comment

I had this on a hard run to a junction... It would just cut and die, i never ever found what was wrong with it. Just used the left foot on the brake to keep the car going with the revs but with standard brakes this would be alittle sketchy!
        Chef

Comment

ISV cleaning needed with wd40 or brake cleaner. Otherwise even the good old MAF can cause this. I bet its the idle stabilisation valve though or check the coil rubber tubes for cracks or damage

Comment

Sounds like the MAF needs cleaning and you've more than likely got a boost leak...

Other things are ISV and plugs.
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Yeah as above, you can clean your MAF using IPA from maplins
              '95 ABY Avant - Sold
              '98 B5 S4 -MRC400+ = 464ps 741nm

Comment

Or carb cleaner
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment