strange noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange noises

i bourght a k&n panel filter a few weeks ago, and when i fitted it strange noises start to occur. i had noticed it before only quieter, but now its pretty load. its something to do with inlet i think, it hissses in low revs then chatters in middle/high revs and dumps on the gear change. ive just changed the dv to a bailey dv30 and it hasnt made much diffferences. could it be the wastegates nackered? its a 1991 3b remapped to 280ish. any suggestions would be highly aprreciated. oh and whats standard boost on the s2 turbo? and is there a mechanical part you can adjust to change it(sorry im a bit of a novice at the moment) Cheers all
    Jay

sounds like you're getting all the noises people get when you fit a cone filter

Comment

is that a good or bad thing? any ideas why it is and how to cure it? cos it sounds a bit chavvy when it dumps!!! lol

Comment

lol thats the sound you get from a K&N can be fun when you are booting it but when you're just pootling about it can sound a bit naff and annoying after a while.
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

i have a 91 3b with a K and N panel filter, it does the same thing mate.

Comment

guess thats how i role from now on then, lol, cheers all!!

the chatter noises it makes though...is it posible thats the wastegate spring is standard and not stiff enough?! its mainly that bit that just doesnt quite sound like its a good thing.if its been remapped from 220 to 280ish is a new wastegate/wastegate spring recommended? if so the standard size is 34mm right? and i should be looking at about a 1.6 bar spring? at the moment the peak boost looks to be about 21 psi (is that a normal figure?) once again sorry for being a nuisance! cheers

Comment

You should try butchering the airbox, then it'll growl, hiss and fart like a good'un Sounds great IMO.
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

rusty...great minds think alike, i have made minor 'adjustments' to the front of the airbox, its just it chatters in higher revs, which slighly concerns me!

Comment

Working...
                X