Boost Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Gauge

I'm looking at putting in a boost gauge in the S2. Are there any specific do's and don'ts?? Any specific brand to look for?? Is it the more you spend, the better the gauge?? All opinions welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
    S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Don't know myself, but there's been a couple of threads on this recently. See the links...

Boost gauge install

VDO white boost gauges do exist

Mick

Originally posted by rotoryboy
    I'm looking at putting in a boost gauge in the S2. Are there any specific do's and don'ts?? Any specific brand to look for?? Is it the more you spend, the better the gauge?? All opinions welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
    S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

I'm using a greedy mechanical boost gauge. its larger then most at 60mm and comes with a very nice mounting pod and trust vacuum hose.
      i do these for £150 + postage.
      Attached Files
      Simon.
      S.P.S. TUNING
      '93 ABY S2.... sold
      me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

Can some of the other gurus post pictures of their boost gauge set-ups?
        Anyone using Autometer ULTRALITE Series gauges?
        (www.autotmeter.com)
        00 Audi B5 S4 MRC550
        08 RRS TDV6 HSE
        03 Kawasaki B2 ZX12R 1287cc

Comment

Im using an SPA Design DG211 which has digital senders for both boost and EGT. I will dig out some pics shortly. But is fits nicely in the centre console, has peak holds and over boost/over temp warnings etc can be set too.

Greg
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
            Im using an SPA Design DG211 which has digital senders for both boost and EGT. I will dig out some pics shortly. But is fits nicely in the centre console, has peak holds and over boost/over temp warnings etc can be set too.

Greg
            There are a couple of threads on it, I have since moved the EGT probe so that it is mounted into the exhaust downpipe instead.

Fitting Boost Gauge 1

Fitting Boost Gauge 2

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Here is where i located my gauge, sorry about the quality it was a piccy phone and its sunny !

my prefered place. i wanted it to be tucked away somewhere not in the obvious places. (Q-Car effect)

only goes up to 20 psi but aslong as it sits past the 20 psi marker when giving it some i know its all good

and it is very easy to see except when your turning but who needs to know your boost when turning ?!?
              Attached Files
              DAVIDP20V - 95' Polar Silver RS2 standard 315 bhp, forge diverter valve, Mark H mod and boost gauge..... and shes for sale.

Comment

Working...
              X