81 audi coupe potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 audi coupe potential

well to start i thought this car at 700$ was a steal but im trying to contend with my brothers DSM 91 eagle talon tsi awd on 18psi. Is it possible to put a turbo into this old coupe and if so what is needed and where or how can i get it. the inline 5 and long gears would do so much better with a little BOOST!!! does anyone know how to get some extra power outa this engine with tweaking anything removing emmisions related junk or what not? i just want to leave my brother in the dust at the track which seems possible? he runs 14.00ish on the quarter. any performance mods tutorials or any anything to help get a little bit more outa this wonderful car (hopefully turbo soon?)
    Thanks, Jesse

I guess it's a FWD?

You could put a turbo engine in it rather than mount a turbo on this engine, but with a FWD car you just can't get the power to the track properly.

Comment

yea its fwd i wish it was a Quattro, but what parts are needed to convert it as it is to a turbo ex. manifold, intake, intercooler,? i noticed there is only one vaccume line on the throttle body and im just wanting to try and see what happens. even with fwd the turbo spools up mid gear it could get enough grip to run alright maybe.

Comment

you only need 5 parts( chassi) so you may have the quattro parts in......!!!!
        and the quatrro tranny, and rear end off c....
        its the same part in 85 chassi and 89 chassi: look at the bottom pics in the jeffer SWB projekt.........!!

Comment

Why start 2 threads about the same thing??
          Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more picĀ“s of my cars

Comment

i only need 5 chassi parts in ......?? what is the blanks for ? bu tanyway im a noob i posted in the other spot then seen this. but what 5 parts in specific if possible do i need to do the turbo conversion?
            thanks again

Comment

one thing that is different on your car compared to most 5 cylinder turbo engines is the electric circuit, your car will have the old style electric fuse box, so that might need to be swapped too.

Comment

Working...
              X