Polishing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing.....

Might be a stupid question, but my mate tried some metal polish on the top of my cylinder head and came out quite nice, apart from the orange peel like surface of the head....

Using wet / dry paper to smooth this off and polish up wouldnt do any harm would it?

Really in need of something to do today to take my mind off things and thought that should kill LOADS of time.
    Last edited by S2 Ant; 24 August 2003, 09:44.
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Ant,

Greg S used wet & dry (I think) on his cam cover and it looks the nuts, don't know how long it took him though.

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

Comment

Ant,

Took alot longer than i thought it would, was about 12 hours.

Went thru god knows how much wet and dry in the process and finished with some autoglym metal polish.

Greg
      Attached Files
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yeh thats cool, just wanted to make sure i'm not gonna do any harm. Thats the polish he was messing around with, my bonnet was up, done a little bit here and a little bit there on everything metal under my bonnet "just to see if it would polish or not"

So it needs doing now LOL

I've got loads of time LOL, helped my mate polish up a CO2 extinguisher couple of weekends ago, that was black, took the weekend but now is mirror finish.

Cool.......... Time to Crack on then I Guess! LOL

Greg, where abouts are you anyways mate... exactly that is.
        Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
        2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Working...
        X