Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7A 20V engines & Hitachi Injectors?.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7A 20V engines & Hitachi Injectors?.....

Many apologies to the S2 guys here but I need to know something. There are some 20V CQ guys here on this Forum and I'm wondering if you guys have had problems with your Hitachi injectors? If so, have any of you found a good substitute for the infernal things? I've just about had it with those pieces of Japanese crap! There is an outfit here in the States called Marren Motorsport that sells an upgrade kit using adapters and unknown Bosch injectors. The Bosch #'s have been conveniently removed so no one will be able to do one on their own. The price of their kit>$700.

I'm in the same boat mate, the Hitachi injectors are a joke, and as we have all discovered they only last approx 100k miles. I have one cylinder that always fouls the spark plug due to over rich mixture because of these ****e injectors.

There was a discussion on the 20v.org list about replacements, somebody found a kit to replace the stock units and I think it may have been Marren. Have a search and see what people said...

The biggest turn off for me was there injectors are not re-circulating like the original Hitachi’s.

Why Audi didn’t use Bosch Fuel Injection is a mystery to me, Japanese cars don’t even use Hitachi

Mark.

Originally posted by panzerwagen
    Many apologies to the S2 guys here but I need to know something. There are some 20V CQ guys here on this Forum and I'm wondering if you guys have had problems with your Hitachi injectors? If so, have any of you found a good substitute for the infernal things? I've just about had it with those pieces of Japanese crap! There is an outfit here in the States called Marren Motorsport that sells an upgrade kit using adapters and unknown Bosch injectors. The Bosch #'s have been conveniently removed so no one will be able to do one on their own. The price of their kit>$700.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

i have seen only borch in audi.....try www.mrm-racing.a.se they have the injektor chart at the web.....and prises in SEK

Comment

Maybe Mihnea might have a suggestion.

David

Comment

Working...
        X