Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 not boosting

Hello guys.
    Bought a couple of S2 coupe models off a chap on ebay, and it turns out he lives about 7 miles away from me and has a 1993 (K) S2 coupe.
    Whilst over there this morning, it turns out he has a bit of a problem.
    Seems like his car is not boosting at all, car has been into Audi, who pulled the codes (None) and say that the car is fine and healthy (actually said "you've probably got used to it" ). The hoses have all been checked and it has no leaks, turbo seems fine, ie no smoke, nasty noises etc.
    He thought it may have been the maf, so we switched his for mine (mine was recently cleaned and is fine) and took it out for a drive. Made no difference at all, so not that then. Whilst out in it, I could hear the sigh of the wastegate on closing the throttle, but just doesn't seem to boost at all (in fact feels like a NA 20v) no surge of boost at any revs..
    I'm thinking WGFV??? maybe, or Diverter Valve maybe??
    I'm no Audi guru, but a lot of you are, so any suggestion???
    Thanks in advance
    2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
    1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Check fuse 24 and the dump valve behind the driver headlight. Hole in that will feel like you got no boost. Other than that, pipes etc.

Get a boost gauge on it!!!
    'The Bacofoil Express'...

No more.

Leon TDI 150 run in now.

Very slow.

Needs a chip.

Comment

Most dealerships know diddly squat about the S2 - sad but true... It needs hooked up to VAG-COM for some diagnostics and output tests. Also needs a thorough leak test. My money is on the TBV or a big-ish leak.

APN's suggestion are valid also.

Step 1 - get a boost guage... even as a temporary affair - it will tell you a lot.

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I had the same problem. On throttle let off i would hear a loud fluttering noise. DV was shot and a throttle body pipe also had a leak.
        Coupe

Comment

S2 Boost fixed

I would like to thank everyone for helping me sort out my car.
          I replaced the DV with an S3 one and replaced the WGFV and my car now has boost.
          It made me realise how slow my car was and I have been trying to solve the problem for about 6 months, I should have joined the forum sooner.
          It really is a great car to drive with effortless boost now.
          I will just have to watch my fuel as I am forever planting the throttle.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and I hope I can help someone out in the future with my advice.

A big thank you to fourrings for his advice and the shot of his air mass meter.

Comment

Glad to see youv'e got it sorted mate
            Now you'll have no problem in keeping up on the 10th

Originally posted by mak2503
            I would like to thank everyone for helping me sort out my car.
            I replaced the DV with an S3 one and replaced the WGFV and my car now has boost.
            It made me realise how slow my car was and I have been trying to solve the problem for about 6 months, I should have joined the forum sooner.
            It really is a great car to drive with effortless boost now.
            I will just have to watch my fuel as I am forever planting the throttle.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and I hope I can help someone out in the future with my advice.

A big thank you to fourrings for his advice and the shot of his air mass meter.

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
            2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
            1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Working...
            X