Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power loss when warm

Hi
    After my S2 is warmed up (normal driving) it suddenly loses power. At the same time idle drops from 850 to 750 RPM. When losing power it runs like a standard S2. It has a RS2 turbo/manifold 3inch turbo back and chip for the mods. Cone filter, shielded with u-bend.

The boost is there, but it does not run as hard as it should. When it works ok it so much quicker, I have a hard time controlling the smile on my face!!

It has recently been pressure tested @ 1Bar, no big leak, tightened jubilee clips, MAF and O2 sensor fairly new.

I haven't checked the altitude sensor yet, but will do.

I am hoping for suggestions from you guys, need to get the car working properly again, I miss the RS2 power!!
    Regards
    Leif-Helge
    -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
    -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

No big leak sounds bad. No leak at all would sound better.
    -

Comment

Originally posted by porkkis
      No big leak sounds bad. No leak at all would sound better.
      OK but I don't have anyone to compare with. From 1 Bar it leaks down to zero in ~ 1-2 minutes. Plugged the crankcase breather on the MAF to turbo hose when pressure testing. And the hose to the wastegate, has a slight leak in the valve stem. Diaphgram on the WG is ok.
      Leif-Helge

Comment

Ah, we were talking about the tiniest leak one can measure

Forget it
        -

Comment

Pressure test to just above what the car normally runs at. Sometimes a leak wont show until its under full pressure. For example if the car should boost to 1.8 bar pressure test to 2 bar.
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
            Pressure test to just above what the car normally runs at. Sometimes a leak wont show until its under full pressure. For example if the car should boost to 1.8 bar pressure test to 2 bar.
            Yes, have thought of raising the test pressure. The car boosts around 1,5 Bar, 1,7 Bar pressure should reveal any leaks.

I am just sceptical of putting that high pressure in the MAF to turbo hose, will it stand it? Or will the test bung (that what I think it's called) gun off ? If you guys tested with such high pressures, then I will give try too.

Porkkis: Thanks for pointing it out anyway

Note: Bought a compressor a while ago just to pressure test the car, have used it more often that I thought of initially...
            Cheers Leif-Helge
            Leif-Helge

Comment

Some of us have to pressure test to over 2 bar!!!!!! Hoses will take it if in good condition. If they pop then they are crap anyway.
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Working...
              X