Stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GazzaG60 View Post
    i have standard audi bearings in mine for the rods. never lifted the crank out.
    The standard Audi ones are sputter type on AAN/ABY/ADU... I posted the section from KS catalog recently with part numbers for main and conrod bearings. The KS catalog looked really detailed and I assumed they were a source of OE bearings for Audi - seems to be the case based on what some others are saying here.

I've never used Glyco bearings myself but I think I'll seek out a set of KS bearings and rings for the V6 rebuild (aka the worlds longest dragged out palava). I must look again for sputter versions of the V6 bearings from a turbo application if it uses the same crank... extra money but sputter is supposedly superior.

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

what about the painting i made?
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Billman drawing is correct

S2 central - depending what rods you are using will dictate whether you can run sputter bearings or not. The S4 engines if running stock rods have a very thick bearing shell that's unique to that engine and a couple of variants. However if using RS4 rods or aftermarket rods the ID of the big end of the rod is the same as the RS4/VR6 bearings. In which case expect to hand over £340 for a set of sputter bearings (£280 for the upper shells alone-the sputter)
        UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
        X