Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Misfire

Gents,

My old girl has developed a rather annoying intermittent misfire. It doesn't matter if I'm in traffic or doing say 40 mph. Basically everything can be ok but then suddenly she starts to misfire for a bit, and then back to normal again. It doesn't matter if this is part throttle or full throttle

I'm kinda thinking that one of the POS units is playing up. Any thoughts guys?
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

pos,plugs,wires,crank and cam sensors, water temp sensor.

Comment

Find the misfiring cylinder by pulling the injector plug off till you foind the one that makes no difference to the engine note, or makes least difference.

Swap the POSs around and repeat. If its POSs then the faulty cylinder will move.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi Parts Guru View Post
        Gents,

My old girl has developed a rather annoying intermittent misfire. It doesn't matter if I'm in traffic or doing say 40 mph. Basically everything can be ok but then suddenly she starts to misfire for a bit, and then back to normal again. It doesn't matter if this is part throttle or full throttle

I'm kinda thinking that one of the POS units is playing up. Any thoughts guys?
        Have a look to see if you've got moisture trapped under the cam-cover where the coil packs are. The damp turns to steam and enables the coil packs to earth out. If it is damp, try to totally dry it out under there and make sure it's sealed to prevent it creeping in again. (usually creeps in when driving for long periods in heavy rain/hosed off the front grille excessively, or if the engine has been pressure cleaned).

Worth a look...
        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
        X