turbo problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo problems

heres a brain teaser for everyone ive got ann audi s2 on a 95 plate everything is totally standard on it. The other day i noticed everytime i changed gear the turbo makes a weird noise like ive got a dump valve in the car i cant work out why its doing that. might be losing preasure from somewhere any ideas

if its 'just' started making this 'pssst' dumping noise on gear changes, then it sounds like you have a hole in a hose to be honest... time to get your hands dirty.

'Hands Dirty' - An S2 ownership trait -
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Is it still boosting ok?
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

turbo problem

Originally posted by Greg_S
        Is it still boosting ok?
        I have realised that the car is alot slower even though the turbo is cuttin in its weird its like its sounds like its sucking in air. similar to what a dump valve would sound like.

Comment

Air leak !!!!!!!!!! - probably
          Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

cant find the damn pipe

Originally posted by Dr H
            Air leak !!!!!!!!!! - probably
            i know theres a leak from some where but it seams that the sound is coming directly from underneath the turbo. im havin it put up on the ramps tomorrow so im lookin forward to maximum power again

Comment

Originally posted by Anees786
              i know theres a leak from some where but it seams that the sound is coming directly from underneath the turbo. im havin it put up on the ramps tomorrow so im lookin forward to maximum power again
              I had the same symptoms, turned to be dump valve and a throttle body pipe. the standard s2 DV doesnt last long.
              Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X