Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chips and Immobolizers

I got out my ECU yesterday and opened her up to see what awaited me

Digging around in the paper work that came with the car whilst lookig at said circuit board, I worked out that my car has MTM chips giving 264bhp with remap to boot.

I quickly swapped these for some new (new to me) revo sms 303 chips, and car would not start.

I know the chips are OK, so it isnt an issue with the chips.

I've come to the conclusion that it must now be an immoboliser issue, has anyone else experienced the same issue and how did you get around it...

would be grateful for any help

Dylan

how do you know the chips are good and that they are good for the car?

theres a saying

never put your **** where you wouldn't put your hands.

Comment

^ha good one!
      F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
      1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

chips are good they came out of my old urs4.

Comment

Originally posted by yodaboy View Post
          I got out my ECU yesterday and opened her up to see what awaited me

Digging around in the paper work that came with the car whilst lookig at said circuit board, I worked out that my car has MTM chips giving 264bhp with remap to boot.

I quickly swapped these for some new (new to me) revo sms 303 chips, and car would not start.

I know the chips are OK, so it isnt an issue with the chips.

I've come to the conclusion that it must now be an immoboliser issue, has anyone else experienced the same issue and how did you get around it...

would be grateful for any help

Dylan

Are you putting the Revo chips in a URS4 with stock turbo? Not sure why they don't work but you're not going to get 303bhp without making some other upgrades..

Comment

Pretty sure those SMS chips will want a small hybrid turbo alright. What model year is the car in question - PM me the chassis number if in doubt and I can advise what security it left the factory with.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Cheers for the replies.

The chips are fine they were transplanted today into another S4 (modified with MTM hybrid turbo) although we didnt take the car out...but it did start.

I had 10 months worth of running problems sorted on my UrS4 today, I'll cover it in my original post re boost problems, but as my car is currently putting down around 264bhp and its all working (been out tonight and averaged 13mpg lol....cant get over the power band

My guess was that the revo chips would give me around 280bhp without modified turbo?

sorry i didnt call you todat hoffer...bit snowed under with work at the moment but will give you a call tomorrow

Dylan

Comment

Personally I wouldnt use the SMS chips with standard turbo cos they could well be setup for significantly higher boost levels than the stock turbo can happily run with... Too much boost on this wee turbo and it turns into a hot air pump which is the last thing you want for making good power.

Sent you a PM about the other thing.
                Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  Personally I wouldnt use the SMS chips with standard turbo cos they could well be setup for significantly higher boost levels than the stock turbo can happily run with... Too much boost on this wee turbo and it turns into a hot air pump which is the last thing you want for making good power.

Sent you a PM about the other thing.
                  Just had the same advice today re cooking the turbo, my fault for not researching properly

Have to say though with the 270ish thats on tap now its no slouch....that 034 EFI kit is tempting though lol

Comment

I have a set of these chips in my s2 coupe been running them for over 50k,
                    did manage to break one k24 7000 but only because I changed wastegate spring to a unknown stiffer spring that was 30 thousand miles ago so fitted recon turbo from aet went back to standard spring and uprated to a 3" exhaust with decat rs2 maf and airbox it hasn't been on rollers yet but feels every bit as good as 300bhp and was as quick as hoffers old standard rs2.

Comment

Thanks for the info

My S4 has a scorpion ssteel exhaust and what looks like sport cats - going off the thread a bit now, but does the RS2 MAF make that much difference?

Comment

The RS2 airbox is more meaningful than the RS2 MAF... Only difference between S2 and RS2 MAF is the screens. The MAF difference has never been measured AFAIK, but it makes sense to get the least restrictive screen if you can.

Search here for comparison pics of S2 and RS2 airbox - the mouth on the RS2 item is MUCH bigger - then it gets restricted by the silly tiny opening beside the headlight.
                        Paul Nugent

Comment

Working...
                        X