running problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running problems

after the cambelt snapped finaly got the car running again and it sounds sweet as a nut the best it has ever sounded. how ever it revs out fine but when driving it is holding back under load could the timing have been altered when it was re mapped?

is it a aby or 3b? could be a missfire on aby as I had the same sort of problems, it would rev but it held back and went flat.

Comment

its a 92 3b, been out in it this afternoon a if you dont drive it hard it seams to be fine although it does not seam as quick but seams to hold back when driven hard

Comment

still not running right could do with some ideas please if the car has been re mapped would the timming have been altered? as i put to original marks just a thought?

Comment

Probably not enough timing advance - if it holds back under load (could be too much fuel too).
          BUT, you should be sure that you are in 0 position(use timing lamp) - probably you have still old style one in the back? If you have hall sensor in the front (fix one) than you can do a mistake but if you have old style in the back, you have to be sure you put it back right.

When belt snapped - you lost some valves? or no damages?
          What cams are you driving? Original? You put it back right?
          Boost pipes hold pressure?

Maybe too much questions but I do not know what exactly went wrong when belt snapped...and would be easier if you write more...

Comment

Agreed with above - best to double check alignment of crank, camshaft and dissy... The ECU automatically does everything else, so unless it was mapped with some silly values at high load it should be fine.

Check as well that knock sensors are correctly tightened - 20Nm - these are hard to diagnose faults with but check the basic things first.
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

sorry for the info it is a 3b when the belt snapped it bent 2 and touched 2 so replaced 4 had new stem seals and new exhaust guides i have put all the marks to standerd and i am not sure what map it has the engine sounds sweet as a nut not sure about boost pressure it sounds right

Comment

Working...
              X