alloy radiator options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy radiator options?

Looking to see if there are any proven options on replacement radiators which are more efficient at cooling than the original?

I've deleted the aux some years back and never seen any issues but starting to think maybe th original main radiator is coking up and reducing it's efficieny slowly. Especially in the heat of summer.

So, has anyone found an alloy radiator which is plug and play? or anything close?

Car is running with a/c so would need to alloy the condensor to piggy back it too

Cheers
    David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

only plug and play one that i know of is 034MS
    Probably the longet S2 project in history EVER!

Comment

Give me a shout David, I've been looking at these for a while and have a supplier that I can use
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Allisports do one although they aint cheap

Comment

Andy, you down at Coombe in a couple of week btw...?

The pricing variations are pretty big as you say Jamo....all we'd need is th ensure that the depth increases slightly and there is a bit of room to allow that and keep the conneor locations in the same place and job done.

Might pop a bit of water wtter in mine as i seem to remember when i used that a few years back it managed to remove a load of crap when i drained it. was pretty good stuff too actually for £10
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

did anything come of this request??...

Comment

nope, work got in the way unfortunately and havent been close to the car or this place much in recent weeks. Do want to explore some options though
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I really must send my spare off to get a proper quote... Got a few things like this to sort but not had the time to sort them
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

you're in good company Andy believe me
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I think that for the price of the plastic ones that forum members use they would find it hard to bare a Aluminum unit price the core is the expensive part for a good core the size of the OEM one your at £100+ before you welded the end tanks and inlet and out let pipes and also a bleed valve. Its going to be £250+
                    Chef

Comment

i have had a quote for a s2 rad from TPS is £254+vat!!!.....so this is definetely worth a look for a suitable replaecment...

Comment

GSF should still be doing the behr rads, it's a special order however. I haven't asked my contact at GSF about them in ages since I 1st got the original rad

Comment

Budget £400+ for a decent alloy rad IMHO. Its never going to be a volume item and you pay for decent craftsmanship building a good one.
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

my only concern with GSF is that with is being a special order item, i may end up with a nilssen one!!....as they are an S2 radiator and under the trades description act they have acheived their end of the transaction!!..

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme View Post
                              my only concern with GSF is that with is being a special order item, i may end up with a nilssen one!!....as they are an S2 radiator and under the trades description act they have acheived their end of the transaction!!..
                              eh? not really if it's specified a behr rad and they supply the wrong one it's their fault

easy to see when your at the branch, behr = plastic end tanks nissens = metal tanks

Comment

Working...
                              X