I've just fitted my new Forge BPV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've just fitted my new Forge BPV

As i recently found out,my new pride and joy has unfortunately got a standard BPV fitted the wrong way round.As it so happens,i had a nice shiny new Forge 006 BPV which was begging to be fitted.So this evening i popped out the headlamp and did the swap and after a quick test drive................well lets just say i'm well pleased with the results
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

How easy is it to remove the front headlight. Is it the left hand side headlight that needs removing ( if I look at the car in front of the bumper).

Alos the bumper removal 'fairly' str8 forward
    Coupe

Comment

I did the whole job in less than an hour.You first need to remove the top two screws that hold the headlamp in,then you need to remove the small screw that holds the piece of trim underneath the headlamp, then unclip this trim from the side.Next you need to remove the two screws that are behind this trim,the light can come out now after a bit of manouvering.Finally you need to unplug the electrical connectors and remove the two bits of plastic trim behind the headlamp.You should now be able to see the BPV

Comment

Hope you got it the right way round, Paul!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagsport
          Hope you got it the right way round, Paul!
          Oh yes

Comment

Alright, I beleive you...

Comment

He did S. But ever since he fitted the Dv, his front left door speaker doesn't work anymore. Boys huh ;-)
              Martyn
              -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf
                He did S. But ever since he fitted the Dv, his front left door speaker doesn't work anymore. Boys huh ;-)
                Door speaker ?
                I don't have any speakers in my front doors

Comment

Like I said they don't make any noise!
                  Martyn
                  -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

is there any performance enhancement in using a forge or similar aftermarket DV. read a few articles but they all seem to contradict eachother half the time.

Turbo will be getting changed very soon so one of things i can do while its out...

Better not the list get too long though
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Greg,i've fitted my Forge valve and i'm well pleased with it,i'd suggest that you do the same when you fit your new turbo although don't expect any performance gains

Comment

whats the difference with the new one then?

i need to get a new DV anyhow because ive lost the one i bought off of you. turned house upside down looking for it!
                        Greg

Comment

Greg,

DV choice seems to be a personal thing, some swear by the standard Bosch diaphram valves that are cheaper (and fail often) and others go for the shiny aluminium piston DV's(me) that last a lot longer (forever?) and are serviceable(all), adjustable (different internal spring rates available in some makes eg. Forge).

As Paul said, don't expect any performance enhancement with any different type of DV versus DV, other than reliability (if I'm wrong someone please tell me), you don't want it to leak, break or stick, just do its uncomplicated task of diverting boost pressure from one side of the system to the other when asked to, if your still using the stock BPV configuration.

It all depends upon what you want: Bosch diaphram valves, which are cheaper but fail more often. Or the slightly more expensive piston DV's which will last a lot longer and will therefore be a lot more reliable. particularly if you are, and this is important, turning the boost up.

Personally I'd get a piston DV (Forge, Bailey, etc) everytime over a rubber diaphram one but don't expect it to make you go any faster, just go faster for longer .

Mark.

Last edited by Mark Halligan; 14 September 2003, 08:53.
                          Mark - Modded

Comment

that sounds sensible to me.
                            Have you changed the WG spring on yours too mark?
                            Greg

Comment

Greg,
                              no not yet, we changed the preload on it at the RR session in July, but Mihnea is getting me an uprated one, hopefully in time for his next visit.

Mark.
                              Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
                              X