X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok thanks chen
    Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

If you can't get the 4 bolts out, you can leave them in and remove the balancer and pulley as one.
      I had trouble with the 4 bolt heads stripping so I removed them together a couple times. A bit more difficult to reinstall but only a little...

Originally posted by Erikb
      [I]Remove the 4 small bolts from the harmonic balancer. Then install the 2084 tool and remove the harmonic balancer bolt with 27mm socket.
      Okee, thanks. I think I found the answere. I have first ro remove the 4 small bolts after that the 27mm bolt.

thanks ,

Erik
      Dave K.
      USA
      1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
      2001 S4

Comment

you can get a flywheel locking tool from machine mart which looks like a glorified crowbar to lock the flywheel while you undo this. the problem is when you refit it because it needs a hell of alot of torque to do it up correctly.

the other way is to fabricate a 2084 tool like doug and others have done.

Greg
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

6 MMallan key bolts can often be removed by using a 12mm 12sidied socket over the outside but i would replace them

Comment

finished

Yesterday I got hold on the 2084 tool, i had to drive 120 km for it . But I didnt want to put it in gear. With the tool fitted and a long pipe (1,5meter) the bolt came lose. I made some marks before taking off the cambelt, then I took off the cambelt, replaced the waterpump and the tension role and put it back on, the seals looked good, no oil dripping.
            Further on I changed all the vacuum hoses which run into the engine and the vacuum hose to the DV. Also I changed the belt of the aircon, power steering and the alternator. I replaced the battery (63ah), DV, WGFV, oil filter, oil (10w60) and the coolant.

When I started the engine it was much more quiet and not shaking, also all the belts on the front are steady.

When I was changing the alternator i saw, that the aluminium block where the alternator is fitted on, was just fitted on the engine with ONE bolt . That was the reason why the belt where shaking. The tension role also wasnt fitted right, I good get the bolt out with my hands .

This was the first time I did something on my own car, I found it not to hard, and really enjoyed it Exept for the big bolt, you really need good tools to get that one off. I bended quiete a few tools before I had it off.

Thanks for all the help again

Comment

Good work that 2084 tool is cheap and its not worth risking damaging the flywheel teeth or the gearbox!!
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
              Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

It's common that these engines make a noise that seems to come from the water pump but it actually is caused by a bit too tight timing belt. It will almost disappear after few thousand kms.
                -

Comment

The engine sounds normal now, no strange noises.Before I had a very anoying noise, it good be the water pump or the timing belt hitting the cover.

Comment

For the ones that interested in a drawing of the tool, I made a quick drawing of it.I drawed it in Autocad but convertet it to acrobat reader(.pdf). At the moment they are making one for me, so I dont know yet if all the sizes are correct.
                    kind regards,

Erik de Bruijn

P.s. the heigt of the ring is 30mm.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Erikb; 18 August 2004, 17:45.

Comment

Looks about right, how mucj is it for one to be made? Its under £30 in the UK
                      sigpic
                      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                      Audi UR Quattro
                      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                        Looks about right, how mucj is it for one to be made? Its under £30 in the UK
                        I think I will get it for free. I do a lot in outsourcing of parts to several East European countries and to China. Not only steel but also RVS and aluminium. Most of the time when I want something for myself they make it for free.

I am looking for some drawings of the de-cat and exhaust pipes, someone has it ?

When you guys have something in the future what you want to make, and it are several pieces, we can maybe work something out.

kind regards,

Erik de Bruijn

Comment

My belts got really noisy last week and to cure it i put a touch of silicone grease on the P/S pump belt as the pump never gets that much load, now i cannot hear my belts at all.
                          graham
                          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X