Number 5 fuse? Cooling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 5 fuse? Cooling fan

Quick question about the fusebox, had an overheating problem couple of days ago whilst sat in traffic, got to about 108c, with steam from filler bottle too. Pulled up immediately and turned it off and went into town for a couple of hours. I didn't notice the fan coming on which is odd as they're not the smallest or quietest of units are they? Never had an overheating issue even in mid-summer sat in traffic for a couple of hours.

Tried to have a look today for loose wires or blown fuses, all seem ok so tried a volt meter on the 3 fuses associated with the fan, 2 gave a reading except number 5 fuse.

So my question is, with the ignition on should this fuse have a feed to it?
    Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car
    Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDi, 1995, Arctic Silver (now sold)
    BMW E36 325i Coupe, 1993, Diamond Black (now sold)
    VW Polo 1.0L 6N, 1998, Red (the missus' car)
    Aprilia Rs250 motorbike, 1998, Black (the weekend toy)

I think it could be a Relay issue too....

One of the No53's in the main fuse box & the No324 which is elsewhere!!

I had a faulty 53 and had to change it!!

HTH

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

if it does it again, whack the heater on full blast and interior fan on too....will avoid it overheating !
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks Ken, next step was the relays (especially the "fan delay" relay). What are the numbers you've quoted? The only ones I could see when checking the fuses was the relay type/size, and noticed the 2 fan related relays were both labelled 214 (along with aircon)

Heater fan was already on full, outside temp was a lowly 7c on display and with high winds & rain. Fan normally kicks in at 100 give or take, so something wasn't right
        Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car

Comment

Bump, anyone?

Comment

Working...
          X