Help! Massive Stutter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Massive Stutter!

I've noticed a slight stutter developing over the last couple of days under hard acceleration.

However, driving home from work tonight whilst accelerating quite hard off a set of lights, its does this massive stutter.. If I accelerate quite easily it will still rev right the way round, its just when you bang you're foot down, roughly around 2.5-3.5k revs??

HELP! Advise gratefully received, cos I'm traveling to the lakes at the weekend, and cant afford to get shown up by the mates scooby...

Salmon,

It sounds like a similar problem I had a few months ago - and if it is the same problem it means you are leaking air somewhere.

When it stutters does it cut out completely at around 3 - 4k revs? And then when you release the accelerator you're fine again?

In my case I had 2 of my turbo hoses changed, and voila the problem was gone.

Alps

Comment

exact same problems I had for months - turned out my air leak was from the intercooler - but that didn't fix it. Needed new MAF but then everything was OK instantly. Just my experience - HTH

Comment

I had similar problems a while back too, new MAF cured things.

Comment

Seems canny hesitant this morning, but stutter is gone....

Comment

Thought I would see about changing MAF anyway, £300 from GSF car parts , and VAG parts don't have one listed on thier website..

Comment

MAF cleaned (again) and the cars transformed into a rocket, probs the quickest its ever been... Do hope this MAF cleaning business isn't going to have to be a monthly operation though..

On another note, saw a black S2 Avant on the road between penrith and keswick on Saturday, don't know if its anyone on here, but it had some big squiggle on the back window?

Comment

I've been having the same problems. Spent monday under, over and around the car taking every hose I could find off and refitting it! MAF cleaning seems to make a difference, especially if you're running a k&n or simillarly oiled filter. Good luck!
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by salmon
                  Thought I would see about changing MAF anyway, £300 from GSF car parts , and VAG parts don't have one listed on thier website..
                  £400 from Audi
                  SOLD.. :(
                  But now proud owner of Porsche Boxster S.. :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
                    I've been having the same problems. Spent monday under, over and around the car taking every hose I could find off and refitting it! MAF cleaning seems to make a difference, especially if you're running a k&n or simillarly oiled filter. Good luck!
                    had similiar prob.
                    pressure tested the enginee - no leak
                    Cleaned swapped out the MAF - no prob

Last night - replaced the spark plugs to find the rocker cover gasket had broken, oil swamping the plugs and on number 5 rubber tube leading to the coil ahd split in 2..

Just orderd the new parts from VAG - £59 inc VAT and delivery
                    SOLD.. :(
                    But now proud owner of Porsche Boxster S.. :fire:

Comment

ah great info here!
                      i have the same prob that exactly just over 4000rpm mostly in 4th gear it jutters and holdsback!but most times when accelerating from stand stil or fairly low speeds there aro no probs just that it seems to be slower than it used to be!
                      i do have an K&N panel filter in the airbox and so.
                      and as i am reading this isnt the kind off complaints for a busted dv?
                      so best thing for me to do forst would be a leak check,probberly renew the dv for an s3 item! since i think this is still the original one after about 98k!.
                      and also clean the maf!
                      exept for the panel filter it is an completely original ABY.
                      thanks upfront for any one giving me advice.
                      jeroen.

Comment

Working...
                      X