Idle Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Control

A bit of a dumb question I know, but here goes....What controls the idle speed on and ABY engine?
    The reason I ask is the after a 1500 mile week, a normal 200 mile week with absolutely rook solid idel my Avant decieded, in the middle of a 100 mile trip to no longer maintain a steady idel and at times even stall of its own accord.

Yesterday, when down to Goodwood from Oxford, absolutely no idle problems at all. Park all day, trip home along A3 and as we hit some traffic near the M25, she stalls again and again.

This morning, same deal.

What 'may' be the problem. What pi##es me off is itas booked into AmD for a service and MOT next week and I have organised alternatives for next wekk but not this.....

Thanks for your help..

M.

Try a bit of carb cleaner in the ISV. This usually helps if it's a bit gummed up. The valve is located next to the throttle body and retained by two hoses and a rubber support. Easiest thing to try first.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

agreed,
      I need to do this on our 100 Avant twice a year.
      Normally I just take it of, fill it with carb.cleaner a few times.
      A lot of dirt comes out when the carb.cleaner is poured out, after a few times the cleaner comes out clean. Then I remount it and the car runs OK.

Originally posted by SteveH
      Try a bit of carb cleaner in the ISV. This usually helps if it's a bit gummed up. The valve is located next to the throttle body and retained by two hoses and a rubber support. Easiest thing to try first.
      No power, no glory!
      S4 Avant, 2003, K&N-filter, 18", RNS-E, enough audio

Comment

Cheers for that info.

I'll try that.

BTW is gone bakc to its usual self again....well until the next time I suppose.

Comment

I've had problems with rough running at idle. Finally located the problem at the weekend (thanks Twoqu ) It was a split in plastic vac piping that supplies the diff lock. Car idles like it should now
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Working...
          X