340bhp chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 340bhp chip

Hi fellas, aparently there are some chips flying around that boost aby from 230 to 340 bhp (aprox), made in germany, thats all i know..

anyone have anything to say about these?
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

These are more than likely MTM rip offs. Wouldnt use one of those since most are race chips that have no knock detection etc in the maps.

Also the standard ABY couldnt safely run 340hp if at all.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Sounds like your engine and turbo would go POP before too long!

Even with an ABY and RS2 turbo, you're only looking at 330BHP, so ABY and S2 turbo just won't get there IMHO.
      ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

Originally posted by Ski
        Hi fellas, aparently there are some chips flying around that boost aby from 230 to 340 bhp (aprox), made in germany, thats all i know..

anyone have anything to say about these?
        has this anything to do with tim cooper he was telling me he coulkd get these

Comment

lol wab the king.. yes tim offered me one and im tempted.. sounds good but does sound like too much pressure on the engine..
          ABY Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

[wise words]"you don't get something for nothing in this world"[/wise words]
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

AFAIK the standard S2 turbo would not be able to make this sort of power
              Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

This is pure BS guys. Ain't no way a chip job will take a stock ABY to 340bhp. Pure nonsense. The stock K24 simply doesn't have the flow capacity for that output. Dunno if Tim understands compressor maps, but the K24 cannot deliver this kind of power.

An RS2 turbo is needed for that sort of output. Actually you can get 360-380bhp with that configuration from legitimate sources on this forum (i.e Mihnea or myself - neither of us rip off MTM chips or anyone elses for that matter). RS2 injectors, the RS2 EM, a 3bar MAP and some surgery on the ECU are required to get this kind of poke from an RS2.

Paul
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

LMFAO @340bhp on a stock lump!!! Hahahaha What a load of crap. That tiny little hairdrier of a turbo (no disrespect) would never flow that much. IIRC its limit is at about 280 maybe 300 at a real push, and i mean push. It wouldnt last very long for sure
                  sigpic
                  Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                  Audi UR Quattro
                  Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                  Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                  Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                    LMFAO @340bhp on a stock lump!!! Hahahaha What a load of crap. That tiny little hairdrier of a turbo (no disrespect) would never flow that much. IIRC its limit is at about 280 maybe 300 at a real push, and i mean push. It wouldnt last very long for sure
                    280 easy. My stock turbo has been running that power for 7 years. *That's done it now, tempting fate like that.... Doh.*
                    Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 7 September 2004, 11:50.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                    X