Mis-fire when hot!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mis-fire when hot!!

My car has developed a misfire when it gets hot. Its fine when its warming up but as soon as its hot, when you touch the throttle it just misses and backfires

Plugs and dizzy cap were changed 5 month ago, no fault codes coming up either.

Anyone any ideas? Looks like i'm not coming to combe this weekend. Sh*te!!

Cheers

Chris
    Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Quick update on the post. Cars running alot better now but it still has a fault when held at constant throttle. It holds the revs but then suddenly drops off down to 1000rpm then builds its way back up. Could this be the lambda probe? Anyone ant idea's? I'm gonna try get the car down to coombe tomorrow. Has anyone got a spare 3B lambda or the tool to remove it that i could borrow?

Cheers,

Chris
    Cheers,

Chris

Comment

As you changed all the electrical bits, you could check the turbo pressure system. Boostleak, false air etc.

HTH

Originally posted by Chris M
      Quick update on the post. Cars running alot better now but it still has a fault when held at constant throttle. It holds the revs but then suddenly drops off down to 1000rpm then builds its way back up. Could this be the lambda probe? Anyone ant idea's? I'm gonna try get the car down to coombe tomorrow. Has anyone got a spare 3B lambda or the tool to remove it that i could borrow?

Cheers,

Chris
      RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
      RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
      Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
      High Octane website

Comment

I've taken the inlet hose to turbo off and inspected that, also taken off the turbo hoses and inspected those. Just seems like a fueling or ignition problem. With the car stationary holding 2500rpm,the revs just drop to 1000rpm after 10-15 seconds then slowly rise back up then again after 10-15 seconds just drop back off.

Cheers,

Chris
        Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Hmmm ever changed your fuel filter? maybe you pump is on its way out?

Originally posted by Chris M
          I've taken the inlet hose to turbo off and inspected that, also taken off the turbo hoses and inspected those. Just seems like a fueling or ignition problem. With the car stationary holding 2500rpm,the revs just drop to 1000rpm after 10-15 seconds then slowly rise back up then again after 10-15 seconds just drop back off.

Cheers,

Chris
          RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
          RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
          Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
          High Octane website

Comment

Yeah i changed the fuel filter about 7months ago. Yeah could be the pump. Any other idea's anyone?

Cheers,

Chris
            Cheers,

Chris

Comment

hiya chris try taking ht einjector plugs off while the car is running, it should affect the engine running if one doesnt you know you have got a problem in either the coil pack or the injector. Ive got a missfire problem theres so many possibilities

Comment

I'm gonna nurse it down to c/c this weekend n pick someone elses brain.

Misfires - who'd av em!!!

Chris
                Cheers,

Chris

Comment

I had a very similar problem to yours chris last xmas, wouldnt run properly when gave it any revs, i thought it was the fuel pump because i could have sworn it was making a bit more noise, anyway it cured itself so thought nothing more of it.

then a couple of months later the pump packed up and left me stranded :-{
                  ended up getting another off a V6 (same as 3b) from the scrappers for £4...lol
                  maybe worth a changing if you can find another one.
                  doddle to fit too.

martin

Comment

Cheers Martin, that'll be next on my shopping list. Hope to see you down at coombe.

Cheers,

Chris
                    Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X