X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not boosting

I am having trouble with my car again.
    It is driving me mad.
    It seems like I have very little boost and it doesn't seem to be giving me the overboost for some reason.
    I changed my WGFV and dump valve about 2 months ago and the car was fine for a few weeks with good boost but now I am back to no boost.

I am sure the WGFV and dump valve should last a lot longer than this?

I have taken apart my car to try and find a leak from one of the pipes but all seems fine and the jubilee clips are tight.
    I am running on Optimax and have even placed Redex in the car thinking it was dirty fuel causing the problem.

I was looking up the boost problems on the forum and one of them said to cancel all the codes on the ECU you take out the two fuses behind the red moteur cover in the fuse box for a few minutes.
    Will this cause any damage to my car if I take these out?

Any help on this would be much appreaciated as I am pulling my hair out trying to sort out the problem again.

Thanks in advance.

Pulling the two fuses under the red 'Motor' cover should not damage the ECU no. Its been done a thousand times and never heard a problem yet.
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Its like disconnecting the battery as far as the ECU is concerned... It just means that any stored fault codes are cleared from memory.

You may just have a leak, but its not uncommon for new TBVs to fail if they are rubbing against bodywork. Could also be a faulty throttle pot.

Check all engine fuses - one of them covers WGFV. No WGFV operation means max boost of about 0.6bar.

Get blink codes if the problem persists after you reset the ECU...

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

And do not drive WOT right away after ECU reset. Let it learn its mixture values first.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X