Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect curve with/without chip

Hi

Anyone got a scan or file of HK / NM before after chip?
    I would like to see if it is just this car or chip always decrease performance in the lower RPM.

(Something like this):

Don't know where you got the data to fill those excell graphs, but the curves of power don't match the torque ones....

Anyway S2 in OEM setup won't make peak boost until 2600-2700 rpm while the homefries are said to lower boost treshold by at least a couple hundreds rpm, as well as increasing peak torque up to 430 Nm (on ABYs).

Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Pisobiker
      Don't know where you got the data to fill those excell graphs, but the curves of power don't match the torque ones....
      Marco
      The "S2" curve is from: http://rsmodels.net/index.php?mode=i...8&image_id=989

The "S2 chip" curve is from a friend of mine who got his car mesured.

Comment

First of all what Audi stated to be boost peak rpm isn't real (they claimed 1950 rpm ) while as I sayed the OEM setup peaks at about 2600-2700 rpm.
        Second the two torque curves intersect in 3 points:
        ~3300 rpm; ~4600 rpm; ~6000 rpm
        which means at these rpm, power should have been THE SAME on both setups, which is not.

Anyway, compared to REAL S2 your friend's car boosts some 600-700 rpm later (much more similar to an RS2 turbocharger as for boost treshold), while Paul's and Mihnea's homefrie will peak sensibly lower in rpm.

Check for leaks.

Marco

Comment

hey frank
          i have just changede my turbo it was on the way out when it was on the RR,the last month it has been blowing smoke like crazy,i got an rs2 turbo on now,bought it from a member of the s2 forum.

HILSEN
          Søren Rix

Comment

Originally posted by RIX
            hey frank
            i have just changede my turbo it was on the way out when it was on the RR,the last month it has been blowing smoke like crazy,i got an rs2 turbo on now,bought it from a member of the s2 forum.

HILSEN
            Søren Rix
            Hi Søren,

Thats greate, how does it run with the new turbo?

- If you got new curves I would like a scan...

Comment

it drives ok,but no new curves at it need´s a remap for the new turbo,i´m in the slow prosess of making it to rs2 spec. plus a few extras bigger intercooler,and performence exhaust and filter,when i have tho´s i will get it remap,that has too be before next december as my mot is there,plus new brakes.

Søren

Comment

Working...
              X