Direct Fire vs Distrubutor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Fire vs Distrubutor

What are the advantages/disadvantages with DF / Distrubutor?

Dunno if I should run DF with ordinary ignitors/coils, or keep the distrubutor and use it with a MSD 6A + MSD coil.

Would have liked to run DF + MSD DIS, but the DIS comes only with two or four channels.
    Red cars are the fastest ones...
    - Team Irry -

Originally posted by Floddy
    What are the advantages/disadvantages with DF / Distrubutor?

Dunno if I should run DF with ordinary ignitors/coils, or keep the distrubutor and use it with a MSD 6A + MSD coil.

Would have liked to run DF + MSD DIS, but the DIS comes only with two or four channels.
    Hello, the advantages of DIS over Distributor igniton are:

-increased timing accuracy
    -more powerful spark
    -better reliability due to no moving parts, solid state components
    -virtually eliminates coil saturation problems by increasing charge time

I'm not sure what system you're considering, and please don't consider this a blatant ad, but our 034efi system Stage IIc can easily accomodate 1-8 cylinder DIS and sequential injection using virtually any coil on the plantet, inlcuding internal IGBT 4-wire coils. Please feel free to PM me for any info, this isn't a hard sell, we're enthusiasts like you who have come up with solutions to the same problem you face, specifically for the 5 cylinder application. For more info, visit: www.034efi.com

I'm making over 500 crank HP with a built up 20vt currently, see the "Introductions" post under engine and turbo.

HTH,
    Javad Shadzi
    www.034motorsport.com
    www.80tq.com

Comment

Originally posted by JSHADZI
      Hello, the advantages of DIS over Distributor igniton are:

-increased timing accuracy
      -more powerful spark
      -better reliability due to no moving parts, solid state components
      -virtually eliminates coil saturation problems by increasing charge time

I'm not sure what system you're considering, and please don't consider this a blatant ad, but our 034efi system Stage IIc can easily accomodate 1-8 cylinder DIS and sequential injection using virtually any coil on the plantet, inlcuding internal IGBT 4-wire coils. Please feel free to PM me for any info, this isn't a hard sell, we're enthusiasts like you who have come up with solutions to the same problem you face, specifically for the 5 cylinder application. For more info, visit: www.034efi.com

I'm making over 500 crank HP with a built up 20vt currently, see the "Introductions" post under engine and turbo.

HTH,
      Hi,

I have already bought an Haltech E11v2, so no 03efi for me.

The things I need, however, is ignition module(s) and coil(s). Just don't know what is the best solution. MSD DIS would be nice, but is very expensive... and i've heard the AEM C2DI has some problems. MSD 6A is pretty nice, but then i have to loose the idea of Direct Fire, so I really don't know what to do.

Biggest problem is that all stuff should be orderd from US in just a couple of days, so I am in a bit of a hurry.
      - Team Irry -

Comment

Originally posted by Floddy
        Hi,

I have already bought an Haltech E11v2, so no 03efi for me.
        Hmm, sorry to hear that, our system is fully compatible and integrated for the I5, no outside PSO's needed, please let me know if there is someway I can help.
        Javad Shadzi
        www.034motorsport.com
        www.80tq.com

Comment

Ok, everything went out of hand (as usual)...

Instead of getting a MSD 6A box for distrubutor, or haltech ignitors/coils for Direct Fire, I ordered a AEM C2DI 8-channel CDI and five MSD CPC coils..

Oops, almost twice as much money than the original plan.
          - Team Irry -

Comment

Working...
          X