Turbo spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo spec

What sort of power will this turbo support with a built motor Wagner manifolds 750cc injectors ect ect .
    Will it do 600bhp as it's advertised ? Or are they blowing smoke ?

The COMPRESSOR RACING Comp-R RS35

SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OFFER- JUST £450!

600bhp capable*Holset HX35 based turbocharger, ideal for tuned engines from*1.6 to 5 litres in capacity, and 5litre+ in twin turbo form- THE best value performance turbocharger on the market.

After a limited test runs in 2011 and earlier this year surpassed all expectations and sold out before we knew it, we're back with a new*batch of our Compressor Racing RS35 turbochargers (now jokingly named the TurBONE as they have been so reliable compared to the equivalent unit from Garrett, the GT35).

Specification-

Compressor housing- 4inch ported shroud*inlet*(MWE- Map Width Enhancment*ports) and 2.5in outlet

Compressor wheel- 8 blade HX35 with 56mm inducer and huge 78mm exducer

Centre section- Big shaft and oil cooled centre section (traditional T3/T4 Garrett inlet/outlet fittings)

Turbine wheel- HX35 70mm inducer, 60mm exducer

Turbine housing- 12cm divided (TwinScroll/SplitPulse) non-wastegated housing with T3 inlet flange and 2.5in V-Band outlet flange

All turbos are 100% brand new and come complete with gaskets

We're sure you know the fantastic performance of Holset HX35 turbochargers, and a simple Google search will tell you all about them*if you are not.

As you can see from the pics the quality of these units is exceptional, and the price is*LESS than HALF what you would pay for the equivalent unit from a more 'famous' (but often*overpriced and underperforming)*brand.

Unlike most units which are pushed to the limit when used on a tuned road car, HX35s run at around 30psi boost for many hundreds of thousands of miles on their OEM applications, so are very understressed when used on a tuned road car, hence their huge reliability, popularity, and why we based our RS35 on these units, using almost totally OEM parts.

For more information or to ask us anything before you purchase,*please ask or visit www.compressorracing.com

Grab a bargain!

No it wont, you would need a hx40 super varient to get near 600 with a holset base turbo.

this turbo has been discussed before another thread is on here with more information

Comment

HX35's are fairly reliable, but they forget to say that they are made to run 30 psi all day on a DIESEL, the EGT's are a lot lower on those.

With a K26 #6 housing, these make 440hp and spool up earlier (200 rpm) than a K26/K27.
      I haven't tried with a bigger housing, but the comp wheels are indeed 78mm, which should be good for 500+, but I doubt it'll make 600.

Then again, the fact that they are T3, means $$$ in manifold costs. I ordered three similar turbos recently, however I had machined K26 #6 housings fitted to them, which drove up the cost quite a bit, plus spacers, flanges, etc.

450 is still a good price, but getting it fitted to a 2.2T means spending at least 1 grand more...
      http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I will fit it to your 2.2t for £50, now where did I put my nail gun

Comment

Ok thanks for that can anyone spec me a turbo to do the job and where to get it I just want to start buying things ready for my build .

Comment

You'll need to focus on the engine build 1st as you will need a ported head and cams. The support mods need to be inplace 1st

there are a lot of off the shelf turbos that will make 600 bhp but your setup has to be able to support it's requirements.

Comment

I mean, you can use HX35 with #8 housing, but it will probably start getting laggy in transient response.
              Really, anything bigger than a #6 housing on these engine, and you want a ball bearing turbo, so you get good ramp rate. Even with a #6 housing you will barely hit max boost in 1st gear on a HX35, where a GT30R with a 0.82A/R can easily hit 2+ bar at 4800 in 1st gear and deliver over 500hp.

If you go to #8 housing, it's lag hell. Be it a HX35 or a K26/K27, the car just feels so sluggish compared to a GT30R/0.82...
              I think the HX40 and HX35 with big housings are good turbos for drag racing with ALS or highway from 3rd gear. But from a standing start in the city, it's SO slow. And you are not going to use ALS when starting from the lights in the city if you need to get ahead a little bit, the cops will eventually pull you over for doing that sh*t.

So what is your target?
              Up to 450hp is real cheap, basically bolt on. And after that up to about 580hp/650nm is the next category. That means at least an engine build with rods, compression lowering gasket or forged pistons.
              And if you want more, prepare to spend a LOT of money all the time, as you will begin to break lots of things.

Personally for a street driven car, I'd say over what a GT30R can deliver on a fully built engine is a giant waste of money on these cars. There is just not any place to use it properly, and you will be much happier with a GT30R than a GT35R in most conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                I mean, you can use HX35 with #8 housing, but it will probably start getting laggy in transient response.
                Really, anything bigger than a #6 housing on these engine, and you want a ball bearing turbo, so you get good ramp rate. Even with a #6 housing you will barely hit max boost in 1st gear on a HX35, where a GT30R with a 0.82A/R can easily hit 2+ bar at 4800 in 1st gear and deliver over 500hp.

If you go to #8 housing, it's lag hell. Be it a HX35 or a K26/K27, the car just feels so sluggish compared to a GT30R/0.82...
                I think the HX40 and HX35 with big housings are good turbos for drag racing with ALS or highway from 3rd gear. But from a standing start in the city, it's SO slow. And you are not going to use ALS when starting from the lights in the city if you need to get ahead a little bit, the cops will eventually pull you over for doing that sh*t.

So what is your target?
                Up to 450hp is real cheap, basically bolt on. And after that up to about 580hp/650nm is the next category. That means at least an engine build with rods, compression lowering gasket or forged pistons.
                And if you want more, prepare to spend a LOT of money all the time, as you will begin to break lots of things.

Personally for a street driven car, I'd say over what a GT30R can deliver on a fully built engine is a giant waste of money on these cars. There is just not any place to use it properly, and you will be much happier with a GT30R than a GT35R in most conditions.
                I would like 550+ as I want my quattro to be super fast .

I'm going to have the hole engine rebuilt rods pistons sport quattro manifold revers inlet big injectors clutch evey thing go the full hog .

If you was me would you use a vems ecu or stick with standard one .

And can you supply a vems one and map the car when your in the uk when mine is
                built .

Comment

For your power level, GT35R will bring you there comfortably...

As you will not be tuning the car yourself, then use the ECU that your tuner is most comfortable with.

Comment

The turbo TS is referring about is China crap! New website, formally known as GSracing or something like it. Quickly walk away and buy some genuine stuff from Huddersfield!

Originally posted by prj View Post
                    HX35's are fairly reliable, but they forget to say that they are made to run 30 psi all day on a DIESEL, the EGT's are a lot lower on those.
                    Genuine Holset turbinerotors are made from 718 (inconel), good for 1300deg C, so don't worry about that. Validation for these turbine housings goes at over 775deg for 4 digit numbers in hours, OEM's need it to be reliable for 1.6mln km's, so those short moments in life where you exceed these temps won't kill it.

Next to that EVERY turbine housing cracks over time internally, that's because of the orientation and design of the part x numerous heating cycles which make it crack due to low cycle fatique.

Comment

Originally posted by quattro84 View Post
                      Holset turbinerotors
                      I initially misread this as "Holset turbinators"

The turbo TS is referring about is China crap! New website, formally known as GSracing or something like it. Quickly walk away and buy some genuine stuff from Huddersfield!

Genuine Holset turbinerotors are made from 718 (inconel), good for 1300deg C, so don't worry about that. Validation for these turbine housings goes at over 775deg for 4 digit numbers in hours, OEM's need it to be reliable for 1.6mln km's, so those short moments in life where you exceed these temps won't kill it.

Next to that EVERY turbine housing cracks over time internally, that's because of the orientation and design of the part x numerous heating cycles which make it crack due to low cycle fatique.
                      I was wondering how it was possible that those turbos are so cheap...
                      Thought maybe because it's UK based and all.

Here are some pics of what I have lying around:
                      Attached Files

Comment

It's the total selling numbers, that why. You can buy Garrett/Schwitzer/... for OEM applications at the same price but with journal bearing GT40/42/45/47 for around 700 euro's. You don't want these, gigantic hotsides matched to smaller than aftermarket compressors. Unless you can source genuine parts to make a working combo then do so, if not, move away

Your center cartridge has the standard number for HX35&40 parts. Compressor cover has no 4" inlet, so must be pre-HX series. Clamping plates for hotside i can't recall seeing before, custom part?

But beware of Chinese clones. Since Garrett moved it's production facilities to China they started to lose it's quality, and aftermarket parts flooded with counterfit parts...

To me Garrett is as a disposable item like a lighter, too much hassle in case it breaks.
                        I want a simple tech turbo for simple money. No need for max transient response, but the need to rebuild it myself in case of failure or upgrade since it's easy access to genuine Holset parts such as MFS wheels fitted on OEM vehicles...

Comment

Ok what do you think about a gtx3076r turbo from 034 motosport ?

Comment

Your center cartridge has the standard number for HX35&40 parts. Compressor cover has no 4" inlet, so must be pre-HX series. Clamping plates for hotside i can't recall seeing before, custom part?
                            The compressor housing is machined for each turbo. I have...

The plates are custom and the reason is this:

And some more pics:

These should be the real deal, got them from a turbo shop that is a holset dealer
                            Of course they were a bit more expensive because the shop had to adapt the K26 hotsides, as you can see.

They fit with RS2 EM with a 10mm spacer. Oil lines have to be modded of course. But it's just SO much better than a K26/K27, it's worth it all day.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Aha, no anti surge housing. (or MWE as Holset named it) Makes it more efficient flow-wise but more prone to surge at big throttle actuations.
                              Strange way to balance an impeller, removing material from the front of the backplane.
                              What size is that impeller? 56/82?
                              Reaching 475hp with that 6cm^2 hotside?

@jsws3: It's better to buy it more locally and stimulate your economy
                              I had some contact with Turbodynamics.co.uk, good prices and proper balancing equipment. I always ask for core balancing even on new assembled turbo's.

Wait for other members to respons such as A80Avant/JP/... i am not that familiar with this GTX series.

Comment

Working...
                              X