Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost problems!

Hi all

Yesterday was race day, Cadwell park. What a laugh i had and my mate who came with me loved it. The car ran excellent and embarresed some "so called" quick cars . Only problem i had was a re-occuring boost leak. Car was fine for 2-3 laps but then i lost most of my boost I could hear the whoosh as the escaping air leaked. I came off and stripped the bumper off and checked all the hoses and clips to no avail. Checked and re-secured the Mark H mod too. The car was fine if you let it cool down for 10-20 mins, it would boost back up again. Could this be something to do with the DV or wastegate??

Cheers,

Chris
    Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

I got your txt yesterday, sorry i didnt reply, was busy trying to make a 3" exhaust system

Which dump valve have you fitted on it now??
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Yeah no worries mate. I've got the bailey one on it now. I fitted that new S3 one so i wouldn't have to worry about it, but as we disscussed it fooked. The boost was boosting to 1 bar holding,then climbing upto 1.4. Hows the exhaust coming on?

Cheers,

Chris
      Cheers,

Chris

Comment

I will take some pics of it today and post up!!

Anyway back to your car...............
        sigpic
        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
        Audi UR Quattro
        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Nice. I'm looking at the option of getting a 3" side exit exhaust. Won't have to faf about with the clearance issues over the rear axle.

Looks like i'll be calling VAG parts for some bits tomorrow

Cheers,

Chris
          Cheers,

Chris

Comment

I've just washed the car and been out in it. It started to hesitate under light throttle and boost was a bit irregular. I was on the motorway in 4th and under full throttle it jumped to 1.8BAR

Any ideas anyone???

Cheers,

Chris
            Cheers,

Chris

Comment

What about the wgfv chris?, when did you change it last.
              or the pipes that connect to it, mine did a similar thing, was the small pipe connected to the turbo coldside from the wgfv, clip was tight but put a new pipe on anyway and it cured it

martin

Comment

It could be the WGFV, i put one on in feb,wasn't new tho. I've a new one waiting to go on as soon as i get the samco's. I'll have a look at that pipe and take it off, see if its worn anywhere.

Cheers,

Chris
                Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Are you talking about the little pipe on the cold side housing of the turbo, underneath where the turbo to IC hose connects? Just curious, have an intermittent boost leak on my car too. Is this pipe threaded?

Cheers, Leif-Helge

Originally posted by Chris M
                  It could be the WGFV, i put one on in feb,wasn't new tho. I've a new one waiting to go on as soon as i get the samco's. I'll have a look at that pipe and take it off, see if its worn anywhere.

Cheers,

Chris
                  Leif-Helge
                  -91 S2 VEMS and Comp Turbo
                  -12 B** 530XD Touring "S2 parts transporter, and daily driver"

Comment

Working...
                  X