Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Starting Problems

Hi,

For about the last week or so my engine is taking longer to start when cold, especially in the mornings. Its fine when its hot or warm and fires up on the first turn.
    Makes me think that whatever it is in the fuel injection/motronic gadgetry that makes the mixture richer for cold start ups is on the blink.

Does anyone have an idea where I should start looking, temp sensors etc ?

Cheers,

Mark.
    Mark - Modded

I know is not good practice but does it help if you press the throttle or not? I presume you normally start with no throttle? How does it start if you switch it off once you have just got it running, and then try to start again? Its obviously not had chance to get remotely warm yet! Could it be the fuel pressure draining over night? Maybe try switching the ignition on until the pump stops running, then off and on again, to build up some pressure?
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Glen,
      thanks for the reply and ideas of what to look for, would'nt you know it but it did'nt do it yesterday or today or is that a good thing.
      Maybe it was one of those strange S2 maladies that turn up for a while and then cure themselves after worrying you.........yeah right

Cheers,

Mark.
      Mark - Modded

Comment

Working...
      X