Boost Leak Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Leak Testing

I need to check my main turbo hoses including the ic, well the job lot really. Whats the best way to go about it? I was gonna try to shut the pipe off at the throttle body and create an adaptor for the turbo exit pipe and charge it with 1.0 bar or so. Any other ideas or any ideas on how and what to build an adaptor out of? Does the MAF to turbo pipe need checking as well and how?
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

I did mine from the inlet pipe - I didn't block the other end.

I had a 1 inch split along the seam of the turbo to intercooler hose. I did try and pump it up with a bike pump but got nowhere so used a compressor (on short bursts)

I got the drain hose from B&Q, a bike valve, a Ragu lid and plenty of arraldite - the big washer give the valve a bit of strength - Cook on Gas mark V for 1 hour Easy

HTH
    Doug
    Attached Files
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

The problem is i don't think have a masive leak like you did, so i wasn't sure if the butterfly valve would shut the pipe off completely or not in the throtte body. When blowing the system up from where you did, would it not leak through the seals in the turbo bearings? Any how thanks for the info and photo! i was orignial thinking metal but plaslic may be a better option!
      Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Working...
      X