• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just under £62 delivered
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Total cost for the parts in the links in post 1 is £61.90 from MGB Hive and then £15.53 from Merlin (including 2 M18 and 2 1/2" copper washers). So £77.43 total.

Just the bracket to cost up now but it's looking good so far

I'll aim to get a design for a bracket sorted out to keep the cost under £100 for the whole lot
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Where you planning on mounting the cooler?? In the oe position or like in some of the shots higher up above the intercooler

Comment

Same place as RE2500 has. I'll then be putting a 4" pipe in to the inner wing as a cold air feed from the OE oil cooler inlet SteveH has done this and it's very effective indeed!
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Sounds good

Hope you can document the air vent and some pictures of the bracket for future reference when I'm down this route

Comment

Will do. Hopefully, I'll be able to offer the bracket ready made for those who don't have access to a welder etc. unless it's really simple.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Awesome that would save some head work

Guessing for those still with the aux rad would need to be placed in the oe position.

Wouldn't the air flow through the grill bring enough air to the cooler??

Comment

Sticks some pics up when your done Andy! Im also interested to see the air feed!
                  Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                  03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                  01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Steve might oblige, as I'll be copying his car
                    Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Excellent service from MGB Hive - received a prompt email reply on Tuesday, phone up yesterday morning, received this morning

Parts look to be a good quality and I've just dug out my old aux rad mounting bracket, which will come in very handy for mounting it
                      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Yeah, i found delivery to be very quick also. So those Part numbers worked fine? Did you go with the overbraided or just rubber like mine?

I used my aux rad braked and then fab'ed up an adaptor plate out of 5mm alu stock.

Where are you going to get your M18 to 1/2 BSP adaptors?

Comment

As per an earlier post, I used Merlin and got the copper washers too, although I now realise I won't be needing the 1/2BSP washers, so that's a whopping £0.44 down the drain

Part number worked 100% and they were easy to deal with on email and phone, as all I wanted was a price and to order

I'll make a cardboard template for the bracket and get some stock, unless you're back in the UK and can help out?
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Not back yet mate but will be returning end of next week, i can have a look for some stock from "you know where" on the 18th if you like?

Comment

Sorted
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Parts through from Merlin early afternoon, so all here in 24 hours
                                Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                                X