Audi V8 Diagnostic Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi V8 Diagnostic Connections

I am having a look at a mates early V8 (3.7) MY91/92? (J reg?) I am having problems getting vag-com to communicate with the car. I have found a photo and explanation of the connections but it lists the 4 two pin plug connections as Black, Black, Brown and Yellow. But this car has Black, White or grey, Brown and blue? Anyone help me out with this?

cheers guys!!
    Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Originally posted by Glen Chamberlain
    I am having a look at a mates early V8 (3.7) MY91/92? (J reg?) I am having problems getting vag-com to communicate with the car. I have found a photo and explanation of the connections but it lists the 4 two pin plug connections as Black, Black, Brown and Yellow. But this car has Black, White or grey, Brown and blue? Anyone help me out with this?

cheers guys!!
    Hi!,
    Guess you have been to the SJM site.
    If you are using the 2X2 adaptor isn't it colour coded white/black. I would verify that the black connector on the vehicle has +12v ign and earth. The other colour then corresponds to the other connector. I thought they were designed to prevent accidental connection. The other two, I would guess are for the instrument cluster and the transmission. Not sure why they use different colours in the states.

Comment

States sucks, all kind of thing is different for them !!!
      S2 Limo sold !!!
      M5 E34 with some mods in the garage
      sorry, but much happeir now !

Comment

Vag Com Connectors

Hiya Glen,

Second the visit to SJM Website -

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...20v.html#fault

I think that all the connectors are "handed" so to speak and that you cannot plug together anything incorrectly?

Black to Black & White to Brown

Cheers

Dave

cheers guys!!
        1997 S6 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by quattroboy
          Hiya Glen,

Second the visit to SJM Website -

http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...20v.html#fault

I think that all the connectors are "handed" so to speak and that you cannot plug together anything incorrectly?

Black to Black & White to Brown

Cheers

Dave

Cheers for the help guys!! I think i found the problem? I think the cause was the fuse in the top of the fuel pump relay that shouldn't be permanant, it should be connected for 4 seconds to start the blink process! Now i have another problem, VAG-COM cant seem to find my interface properly now!! Status 3 i think it says? Cant find interface i.e. ignition not turned on or its not connected? I tried it on my mates golf which DID work fine on monday but now the same error message is displayed on the golf too! Just not my week this week! Anyone got similar erro messages before? and did you find the problem??

My next test is to see if i could post my interface to someone with vagcom and see if they could test it for me? I would rather try other tests first becasue i have a job on saturday mornign which i will need it working for?

Any MORE help always greatfully recived,

Thanks Guys!!

Comment

Vag Com

Hi Glen,

Hi have VAGCOM and I am local to you - Bury.

Any use?

Ta

Dave

Cheers for the help guys!! I think i found the problem? I think the cause was the fuse in the top of the fuel pump relay that shouldn't be permanant, it should be connected for 4 seconds to start the blink process! Now i have another problem, VAG-COM cant seem to find my interface properly now!! Status 3 i think it says? Cant find interface i.e. ignition not turned on or its not connected? I tried it on my mates golf which DID work fine on monday but now the same error message is displayed on the golf too! Just not my week this week! Anyone got similar erro messages before? and did you find the problem??

My next test is to see if i could post my interface to someone with vagcom and see if they could test it for me? I would rather try other tests first becasue i have a job on saturday mornign which i will need it working for?

Any MORE help always greatfully recived,

Thanks Guys!!
            1997 S6 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by quattroboy
              Hi Glen,

Hi have VAGCOM and I am local to you - Bury.

Any use?

Ta

Dave

VERY USEFULL!!! I'll PM you cheers Dave!

Comment

You have a PM Glen!!

Cheers

Dave

VERY USEFULL!!! I'll PM you cheers Dave!
                1997 S6 Avant

Comment

Working...
                X