Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge excessive blow by on Dyno UrS6 with E85 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge excessive blow by on Dyno UrS6 with E85 today.

I got my car on the Dyno today since the Dyno package will be expired in a couple days.Recently,i realized my car is having excessive blow by issue but i never seen what it actually does untilgot it on the Dyno.While turbo is building the boost i noticedthe huge smoke coming out of the Mann Provent 200 oil separater.i plugged off the lower port.the upper port is connected directly from the regulating valve.I also connected the oil return line to sump.I ran the open system on the Provent 200 by removing the valve
    under the cap.the dyno result is a bit poor even worse than last time i dyno with E10 gas.

the tiny lines(01.10.2012) was the dyno with E10 gas.let's say the boost came much earlier and higher HP and torque.

max boost is only 22psi basemap for E85.since i'm not going to push it any harder on the weak motor.I did the compression test
    and got almost 160psi on 5 pots.No any blow by through out the
    dipstick.i think it must be somewhere on the cylinder head since when i first cold start in the morning.the idle is rough with huge
    puff of blue smoke on the tailpipe.once the smoke is gone,the idle is just back to normal.Last year i removed the head off and
    did the resurface on the head and forget to replace the valve stem seals.I got the excessive blow by issue after removed the head off at that time. What's the easiest
    way to check the valve stem seals and valve guides?Do the leak down test?
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Did you already check the piston rings ?
    '93 S4: GT35R 2.0bar 572hp

Comment

Did you found the problem? I think I have the same problem.

Comment

yeah,worn valve guides caused the too much blow by under rocker cover.
        one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Working...
        X