Ceramic based Oil Additive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic based Oil Additive

Has anyone used or heard of Ceramic based Oil Additive, I would be interested in any reaction or detail that FACTUALY lists the pro’s and con’s. I have read on the forum’s reaction’s to slick 50 and the likes but as technology progresses maybe this is a additive that will enhance performance and help against engine wear ect........

Comments Welcome ……..
    Last edited by GeorgeS2UK; 30 November 2004, 10:54.
    91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

So far guys no responce

Any thoughts please, I have now been offered a free sample or two but do not wish to take up the offer unless i felt comforable that I was in no danger of causing and engine problems

Advise please
    91 S2 3B in Pearl, Miltek, De-Cat pipes, Short Shifter, 996 Monoblocks + 323 A8 Discs, Whiteline R-ARB:MRC Generic 3B Chips

Comment

I personally wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. I have no scientific proof as to why i wouldnt, but with Slick 50, how can that product keep working once the engine oil is drained????? It must leave some crappy residue in the engine. No thanks
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
        I personally wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. I have no scientific proof as to why i wouldnt, but with Slick 50, how can that product keep working once the engine oil is drained????? It must leave some crappy residue in the engine. No thanks
        Anyone heard about Metabond in the UK?
        Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Nope
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH
            Nope
            I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole unless castrol made a additive for castrol!

All oils are different with different chemical make up so adding something else could change the chemical balance for better or WORSE!!

If they want you to try it get them to test it with the oil you use first and offer to replace your turbo or engine if things go wrong!!

Why added it? what problems are you trying to hide??

Ive just stripped my spare engine 120,000 miles 400bhp of very hard use inc track and sprints- and it is spotless and shows no wear on cam lobes,main and big end bearings or turbo and all I've done is used a quality oil (castrol RS) changed every 2-3000 miles.

YOU KNOW the answer!! just CHANGE YOUR OIL!!!!!!!

Jay

Comment

I'm with Jay here - just use a decent oil in the first place and change it regularly.

The oil manufacturers know what they're doing, and if this stuff was really any good you'd find it in the oils as a native part of its composition.

Avoid it like the literal bargepole, that's my advice.

There's a very long thread in here that was started quite recently regarding what oil to use in the S2, worth trawling if you've got a spare 30mins or so.
              Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Good advise.
                Treat additives with suspicion. It’s mostly marketing rubbish IMO.
                By putting more exotic compounds in their products, they’re just trying to make them sound good to you and I.
                SS

Comment

Working...
                X