X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking EV14 O-ring

Hi all,

Quick question, has anyone with EV14 injectors had leaking lower O rings?
    Tension on them is perfect, but I already noticed on mounting them (more than a year ago) that the o-ring barely goes in the head, deptwise that is. Looking at the photo comparing it to an OEM one that seems normal however.

Are there any better O-rings available for them? Maybe a bit fatter?

This one is the worst, another one is a bit less, and the other 3 are only very slighty black and moist around the injector. They've all been like those 3 for a while now, but I've done a weekend in germany with often long max boost at 250+ so they've had some work to do and now finally 2 are leaking strong.

Thanks for the input.

I spoke to Hoffer a week or so ago and he suggested using larger O rings due to this problem. I think he suggested standard O rings are slightly wider, so you could just try some OE Audi seals.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Yes I would defo use the standard seals, they are wider and found them to be a lot better and tighter fit

Comment

Can't remember how a stock fuelrail is mounted but can't you not lower the fuelrail a bit?

I have EV14 on a not original rail and its perfect.
        1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Cheers guys, will order some stock O-rings then.

@V6Quattro, the fuelrail needed 2 drilled out mounting holes, because it sits a bit lower with these injectors. I can't lower them anymore however because the wider black plastic piece above the seal hits the head which actually fixes the max. amount you can slide them in.

Comment

035906149A is the OEM part number btw, could be handy for someone else

Comment

I can confirm that the new OEM rings are a tighter fit. A lot harder to turn the injectors compared to the previous ones.
              Runs ultrasweeth now

Thanks again guys!

Comment

I've made this a sticky thread, as more and more people are using these injectors and this issue will crop up again...
                Cheers'en, AndyC
                1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I usually replace the O-rings on the injectors.

I am pretty sure I replaced them on yours too, since stock they come with different color O-rings.
                  But I did not use the stealer ones, I used some cheaper ones. They are tight and do not leak when new, but maybe they are not as resilient as the OEM ones.

I guess you get what you pay for. Will use stealer ones from now on.
                  Sorry for the trouble... but I am glad you got it sorted.

P.S.
                  Btw, make sure it is the actual O-ring that is leaking. Often what happens is the plastic inserts in the inlet manifold start to leak and must be replaced.
                  When replacing them always use teflon tape or a sealant.
                  http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

No worries Dmitri, a few WOT's cost more than a few O-rings lol, but yes better to be using the tighter/fatter OEM ones

And good point about the inserts. I checked them, and also made sure the inside was cleaned up with a bit of cloth to make sure the O-ring seats nicely without any dirt.

Comment

This is an old thread, but thought of it today when I got my injectors and swapped the o-rings.

Black one is Audi OEM and the green one was supplied on the EV14 injector. The Audi one is noticable fatter and were of a somewhat softer and probably more tougher material. Also a pic of the partnumber for the OEM ones.

Comment

Bringing this up again.

one of my 5 injectors started weeping very slightly again. All other 4 are perfect. Must be the insert now then, since it also was this injector that
                        was leaking the worst before replacing them

Will be taking of the manifold to be sure however, no risks and replacing all 5!

Comment

Yes, take the manifold off, as you'll have to remove it and fish out some bits from inside the inlet port anyway 7

Did you use 2 O rings when mounting these? One as a spacer and the other as the seal.

Use some gasket sealant when putting the new ones in.
                          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Yes one on the spacer into the rail, and other OEM one at the bottom.

Good tip with that sealant, will do, thanks

Comment

I did a thread on this recently. Used loctite grey oil resistant sealant but anything similar will do
                              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Working...
                              X