Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KKK 27 Comp Wheel Identification.

Hi!,
    Does anyone have a foolproof way of identifing a KKK 27 Comp Wheel. The Compressor housing is the one ending in 5091 which I have seen used on most of the upgrades. That doesn't mean that it hasn't been machined to use a different wheel. I guess it will have to be determined by physical measurement. If only it was a Garrett I'd be able to tell!
    Any guidance appreciated.
    Ta!

KKK27 comp wheel? There's dozens and dozens of trims available IMHO/IME...

An SQ comp wheel has 2.7" in diameter and 1.73" inducer bore.

Measure both diameters of the compressor wheel and post them here, I'll tell ya what wheel it is and what it's good for...

Mihnea
    '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
    info@MRCTuning.com
    Workshop Directions

Comment

Originally posted by Mihnea
      KKK27 comp wheel? There's dozens and dozens of trims available IMHO/IME...

An SQ comp wheel has 2.7" in diameter and 1.73" inducer bore.

Measure both diameters of the compressor wheel and post them here, I'll tell ya what wheel it is and what it's good for...

Mihnea
      Thanks Mihnea. Thats an ideal solution. I'll get my spanners!

Comment

Hi!,

Right, this is what I have measured. Fairly accurate, certaintly to within 0.01mm.
        Major: 75.90mm (2.9880").
        Minor: 48.20mm (1.8925").
        The comp housing has the following etched inside: 5327 101 5036. Doesn't appear to have been machined out.

Comment

The wheel is a 3063 "trim" wheel... better than an SQ one, but not quite as good as Doug's and Tom's. IMHO should be good for at least 350, possibly 400-ish crank HP...

What turbo is this? What's the KKK ausführungsnummer on the blue KKK tag?

Cheers,

mihnea
          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
          info@MRCTuning.com
          Workshop Directions

Comment

Thanks Mihnea,
            Unfortunately there isn't any other identification on it, either KKK or from who built it.
            The hot side is a 6. It does not have cutback blades. If it is suitable for 380-400bhp then I'll have it as its a good deal. I can then save my pennies for a "brain out" turbo at a later date.

Comment

Working...
            X